Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/25: (CRUS) (MRK) (VRNG) Above; (CTRP) (S) (SWKS) Below
- Rock-Tenn (RKT), MeadWestvaco (MWV) Enter $16B Merger Agreement
- AXIS Capital (AXS), PartnerRe (PRE) to Merge in $11 Billion Deal
- FXCM, Inc. (FXCM) Issues Update on Month-to-Date Retail Trading Volume, Deal with Leucadia (LUK)
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Surges Following Settlement with California
- Apple (AAPL) Upcoming Results All About Guidance and Company Could Deliver Big - Piper Jaffray
Crossing and above:
- Cirrus Logic (Nasdaq: CRUS) - up 10.1 percent. Ripping higher following Q3 results issued late Thursday. EPS of $1.64 topped views by 23 cents.
- Merck (NYSE: MRK) - up 0.8 percent. Merck getting a boost today after announcing that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved OXYTROL FOR WOMEN (oxybutynin transdermal system, 3.9 mg/day).
- Vringo, Inc. (AMEX: VRNG) - up 3.5 percent. Possibly getting a little boost from a Seeking Alpha article issued at noon today. Shares made a notable turn up right around that time.
- Ctrip.com (Nasdaq: CTRP) - down 12.2 percent. Speculation hitting the market today that Ctrip might start offering coupons or rebates on airfares. The move would certainly pressure revs and margins if true.
- Sprint (NYSE: S) - down 1.0 percent. As noted earlier, Sprint might be seeing some pressure amid AT&T and Verizon's new $1.9 billion spectrum deal.
- Skyworks Solutions Inc. (Nasdaq: SWKS) - down 1.7 percent. No solid news here, through Skyworks has been trading in a range of $20 to $22 over the last few months.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rockwell Medical Technologies (RMTI) Receives FDA Approval of Triferic
- FedEx (FDX) Confirms FY15 EPS Outlook
- Egalet (EGLT) Trades Strong for Second Session
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!