Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/25: (CRUS) (MRK) (VRNG) Above; (CTRP) (S) (SWKS) Below
- Top 10 News for 7/28 - 8/1: FOMC Tapers Further, Rates Still Intact; Jobs Growth Elusive in July; Argentina Defaults. Again.
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Mobileye (MBLY) IPO Opens at $36
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
Crossing and above:
- Cirrus Logic (Nasdaq: CRUS) - up 10.1 percent. Ripping higher following Q3 results issued late Thursday. EPS of $1.64 topped views by 23 cents.
- Merck (NYSE: MRK) - up 0.8 percent. Merck getting a boost today after announcing that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved OXYTROL FOR WOMEN (oxybutynin transdermal system, 3.9 mg/day).
- Vringo, Inc. (AMEX: VRNG) - up 3.5 percent. Possibly getting a little boost from a Seeking Alpha article issued at noon today. Shares made a notable turn up right around that time.
- Ctrip.com (Nasdaq: CTRP) - down 12.2 percent. Speculation hitting the market today that Ctrip might start offering coupons or rebates on airfares. The move would certainly pressure revs and margins if true.
- Sprint (NYSE: S) - down 1.0 percent. As noted earlier, Sprint might be seeing some pressure amid AT&T and Verizon's new $1.9 billion spectrum deal.
- Skyworks Solutions Inc. (Nasdaq: SWKS) - down 1.7 percent. No solid news here, through Skyworks has been trading in a range of $20 to $22 over the last few months.
You May Also Be Interested In
- France's Iliad Made Offer for T-Mobile (TMUS) - DJ
- UPDATE: Celsion (CNL) Gains, Reports Name Iberdrola as Bidder - DJ
- Sprint Corporation (S) trading paused for volatility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!