Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/24: (EMC) (ALTR) (JCP) Above; (FMCN) (TER) ((RTN) Below
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/2 (CNQR) (TTPH) (FLEX) Higher; (END) (HELE) (CDW) Lower (more...)
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
Crossing and above:
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher on positive sentiment following quarterly results from such names as Cree (Nasdaq: CREE), F5 (Nasdaq: FFIV), and others. EMC will report Q4 results on January 29th.
- Altera Corp (Nasdaq: ALTR) - down 4.7 percent. The company reported Q4 EPS of 37 cents on revs of $439.4 million, both missing consensus views. Despite the initial move below the 50-day SMA today, the stock has rebounded back above the level.
- JCPenney (NYSE: JCP) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on speculation it might return to its roots of "discounting," pricing merchandise above and than making items down from that level to give the illusion of a better deal.
- Focus Media (Nasdaq: FMCN) - down 3.3 percent. Getting hit as Muddy Waters issued further comments about the stock. For more color, click here.
- Teradyne, Inc. (NYSE: TER) - down 4.9 percent. Amid strong Q4 results, shares are getting pressured as investors mull Q1 expectations of a Q1 loss of 1 cent to profit of 5 cents per share, versus estimates calling for EPS of 16 cents. For more on the results, click here.
- Raytheon Co. (NYSE: RTN) - down 2.9 percent. Seeing a little extra downside as the stock moved back below the $57 level, a previous support metric. Raytheon reported tepid Q4 results yesterday, though Q1 EPS guidance was strong. For more, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: P G & E Corp. (PCG) Gains; Fined $1.4B by CPUC
- Will GoPro (GPRO) Take the On-Officer Camera Market by Storm?
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) Weaker as Blog Asks 'Who is Richard M. Nixon'?
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Muddy Waters LLC, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!