Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/24: (EMC) (ALTR) (JCP) Above; (FMCN) (TER) ((RTN) Below
Crossing and above:
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher on positive sentiment following quarterly results from such names as Cree (Nasdaq: CREE), F5 (Nasdaq: FFIV), and others. EMC will report Q4 results on January 29th.
- Altera Corp (Nasdaq: ALTR) - down 4.7 percent. The company reported Q4 EPS of 37 cents on revs of $439.4 million, both missing consensus views. Despite the initial move below the 50-day SMA today, the stock has rebounded back above the level.
- JCPenney (NYSE: JCP) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on speculation it might return to its roots of "discounting," pricing merchandise above and than making items down from that level to give the illusion of a better deal.
- Focus Media (Nasdaq: FMCN) - down 3.3 percent. Getting hit as Muddy Waters issued further comments about the stock. For more color, click here.
- Teradyne, Inc. (NYSE: TER) - down 4.9 percent. Amid strong Q4 results, shares are getting pressured as investors mull Q1 expectations of a Q1 loss of 1 cent to profit of 5 cents per share, versus estimates calling for EPS of 16 cents. For more on the results, click here.
- Raytheon Co. (NYSE: RTN) - down 2.9 percent. Seeing a little extra downside as the stock moved back below the $57 level, a previous support metric. Raytheon reported tepid Q4 results yesterday, though Q1 EPS guidance was strong. For more, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SolarCity (SCTY) Tops Q4 EPS by 22c; Issues Light Q1 Outlook
- Paycom Software (PAYC) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 Above the Street
- Concurrent (CCUR) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.03
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Muddy Waters LLC, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!