Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/17: (BA) (UNH) (TIVO) Above; (SLM) (WSM) (FET) Below
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Crossing and above:
- Boeing (NYSE: BA) - up 1.2 percent. Moving higher on chatter that the batteries may have been faulty, leading to recent issues with the 787 Dreamliner.
- UnitedHealth (NYSE: UNH) - up 1.2 percent. The company reported fourth-quarter EPS of $1.20, topping expectations by one cent. Revs of $28.77 billion also exceeded views.
- TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) - up 1.7 percent. Showing some volatility today, TiVo dipped 3.6 percent on Thursday's session before marching back into positive territory. Shares have been on a five-session losing streak up until today.
- SLM Corp. (Nasdaq: SLM) - down 2.3 percent. Sallie Mae dipping lower amid sterling fourth-quarter results. Looking forward, the company sees FY13 EPS of $2.30 and revs of $4 billion, versus consensus EPS of $2.30.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) - down 5.8 percent. Amid holiday comps rising 4.4 percent, Williams-Sonoma reaffirmed guidance. Some might have been expecting a slight nudge higher.
- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FET) - down 7.7 percent. Said it sees FY12 EPS of $1.72 to $1.74, down from prior guidance of $1.83 to $1.88. The Street was at EPS of $1.85.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TheStreetSweeper Negative on Blue Nile (NILE)
- Could Shark Tank Exposure Drive GoPro (GPRO) Higher Still?
- Alibaba (BABA) Poised to Open Lower, Nears Key Technical Level
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!