Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/07: (INO) (OCN) (VRNG) Above; (ILMN) (LULU) (TSO) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- AIG's (AIG) Peter Hancock Assumes CEO Role; Benmosche Becomes Advisor
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
Crossing and above:
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX: INO) - up 14.6 percent. Announced a follow-on collaboration with the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative to advance malaria vaccine development and new vaccination delivery technologies. Researchers will test whether a novel vaccine approach that combines genetically engineered DNA with an innovative vaccine delivery technology called electroporation could induce an immune response in humans that protects against malaria parasite infection.
- Ocwen Financian Corp (Nasdaq: OCN) - up 3.0 percent. Ocwen has been trapped in a range spanning from $34 to about $37 over the last few weeks, making today's positive move enough to get above the 50-day SMA.
- Vringo, Inc. (AMEX: VRNG) - up 1.5 percent. Trying to regain some ground after dipping 5 percent last Friday. The stock had broken out of a downward channel recently, but has gained enough gusto to get back above the $4 level. The 14-day Money Flow Index is toward the upper-end of its range, currently reading about 70.6 or so. The 80 level is a rough estimate for being overbought.
- Illumina, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN) - down 7.2 percent. Entered a definitive agreement to acquire Verinata Health, Inc., a leading provider of non-invasive tests for the early identification of fetal chromosomal abnormalities, for consideration of $350 million plus up to $100 million in milestone payments through 2015. Roche (OTCBB: RHHBY) CEO Humer said a potential deal won't happen now.
- lululemon athletica, Inc. (Nasdaq: LULU) - down 2.0 percent. Filed a common stock shelf registration today, with CEO Wilson filing to sell 5.7 million shares.
- Tesoro Corp. (NYSE: TSO) - down 1.0 percent. Filed two 8-Ks with the U.S. SEC today detailing amended credit agreements recently inked. For more color, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Æterna Zentaris (AEZS) Sees Continued Gains
- Kandi Technologies Group (KNDI) Drops Following Equity Placement News
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!