Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/04: (DRYS) (VRNG) (CME) Above; (LULU) (SIMG) (SWKS) Below
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
- Home Depot (HD) Hit on Reports of Massive Credit Card Breach
Crossing and above:
- DryShips, Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) - up 18.5 percent. DryShips moving higher on dry bulk sentiment heading into 2013. For more, click here.
In addition, the stock got above the key $2 level, a prior support level before shares moved aggressively below it on November 15th.
- Vringo (AMEX: VRNG) - down 2.6 percent. Popped higher at the start following a 19.9 percent run higher on Thursday. Some traders might be taking profits today. Shares appear to have $3.50 as an activity level.
- CME Group (NYSE: CME) - up 5.0 percent. Another technical move above $52 today. Notably, CME shares displayed a death cross at the end of November, where by the 20-day moved below the 200-day SMA. Shares are about $1 or so lower since then, even with today's move.
- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN) - up 4.2 percent. Shares moving higher after AutoNation said new car sales rose 15 percent in December. For more on the report, click here.
- lululemon athletica (Nasdaq: LULU) - down 4.9 percent. Credit Suisse cut its rating to Neutral and price target to $80 today. The firm said that lululemon hysteria might be over. For more on the call, click here.
- Silicon Image (Nasdaq: SIMG) - down 10.1 percent. Lowered its fourth-quarter 2012 revs outlook from $64 million to $67 million down to a range of $59 million to $60 million. The consensus is at $65.7 million.
- Skyworks Solutions (Nasdaq: SWKS) - down 1.7 percent. Has been volatile lately, popping higher following the fiscal cliff vote and pulling back amid a positive Longbow Research call on Thursday. Shares are up 6.3 percent for the shortened holiday week.
You May Also Be Interested In
- TASER (TASR) Has Significant Technological Lead Over Digital Ally (DGLY), Others - Analyst
- UPDATE: P G & E Corp. (PCG) Gains; Fined $1.4B by CPUC
- Will GoPro (GPRO) Take the On-Officer Camera Market by Storm?
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Longbow Research, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!