Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/04: (DRYS) (VRNG) (CME) Above; (LULU) (SIMG) (SWKS) Below
- Top 10 News for 5/23 - 5/27: Computer Sciences to Acquire Key Enterprise Asset; Bayer Makes Run at Monsanto; Twitter has 'Character' Change
- Wall Street puts finishing touch on best week since March
- Marketo (MKTO) Deal Talk to Force Microsoft's (MSFT) Big Wallet Into Action
- Thermo Fisher (TMO) to Acquire FEI Company (FEIC) in ~$4.2B Deal
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Rejected Joint Takeda, TPG Takeover Approach - WSJ
Crossing and above:
- DryShips, Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) - up 18.5 percent. DryShips moving higher on dry bulk sentiment heading into 2013. For more, click here.
In addition, the stock got above the key $2 level, a prior support level before shares moved aggressively below it on November 15th.
- Vringo (AMEX: VRNG) - down 2.6 percent. Popped higher at the start following a 19.9 percent run higher on Thursday. Some traders might be taking profits today. Shares appear to have $3.50 as an activity level.
- CME Group (NYSE: CME) - up 5.0 percent. Another technical move above $52 today. Notably, CME shares displayed a death cross at the end of November, where by the 20-day moved below the 200-day SMA. Shares are about $1 or so lower since then, even with today's move.
- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN) - up 4.2 percent. Shares moving higher after AutoNation said new car sales rose 15 percent in December. For more on the report, click here.
- lululemon athletica (Nasdaq: LULU) - down 4.9 percent. Credit Suisse cut its rating to Neutral and price target to $80 today. The firm said that lululemon hysteria might be over. For more on the call, click here.
- Silicon Image (Nasdaq: SIMG) - down 10.1 percent. Lowered its fourth-quarter 2012 revs outlook from $64 million to $67 million down to a range of $59 million to $60 million. The consensus is at $65.7 million.
- Skyworks Solutions (Nasdaq: SWKS) - down 1.7 percent. Has been volatile lately, popping higher following the fiscal cliff vote and pulling back amid a positive Longbow Research call on Thursday. Shares are up 6.3 percent for the shortened holiday week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil rally faces resistance above $50 a barrel
- GeoInvesting Said Cautious on MGT Capital Investments (MGT)
- TiVo (TIVO) volatility low into Q1 on expectations of merger close
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Longbow Research, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!