Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/03: (RIG) (VRNG) (FST) Above; (MSFT) (GME) (FTNT) Below
- Top 10 News for 2/1 - 2/5: Payrolls Gain, Unemplment Wanes; Investors Move Out of LinkedIn; Viacom Legend Steps Down
- Technology rout pushes Nasdaq to lowest close since 2014
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 151K vs 190K Expected; UE Rate 4.9% vs 5% Expected
- Investors Smell Opportunity in Flint's Stinky Water
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
Crossing and above:
- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) - up 6.2 percent. Popping after settling with the U.S. for a sum less than originally expected. For more color, click here.
- Vringo (AMEX: VRNG) - up 17.5 percent. Shares ripping on a Seeking Alpha article making a case from why Vringo is a buy.
- Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) - up 3.7 percent. Announced the sale of all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million.
- Microsoft Corp (Nasdaq: MSFT) - down 1.4 percent. Tech giants pulling back following a run higher Wednesday on fiscal cliff exuberance. Microsoft ended the session up 3.4 percent yesterday.
- GameStop (NYSE: GME) - down 6.0 percent. Lower on concerns that Sony (NYSE: SNE) might block pre-owned games from being playable on its upcoming PlayStation console. For more color, click here.
- Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) - down 8.5 percent. Network security/service providers seeing some pressure today, though nothing specific is being tied to the move.
- Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) - down 4.2 percent. Pulling back after rising 7.1 percent Wednesday. Shares have been trapped in a $5.15 to $5.90 range over the last few months.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SunEdison (SUNE) Shares Tick Lower Early
- Florida Gov. Scott Declares Health Emergency in 5th County Related to Zika
- U.S.-based stock funds post 5th straight week of withdrawals: Lipper
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!