Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/03: (RIG) (VRNG) (FST) Above; (MSFT) (GME) (FTNT) Below
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Crossing and above:
- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) - up 6.2 percent. Popping after settling with the U.S. for a sum less than originally expected. For more color, click here.
- Vringo (AMEX: VRNG) - up 17.5 percent. Shares ripping on a Seeking Alpha article making a case from why Vringo is a buy.
- Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) - up 3.7 percent. Announced the sale of all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million.
- Microsoft Corp (Nasdaq: MSFT) - down 1.4 percent. Tech giants pulling back following a run higher Wednesday on fiscal cliff exuberance. Microsoft ended the session up 3.4 percent yesterday.
- GameStop (NYSE: GME) - down 6.0 percent. Lower on concerns that Sony (NYSE: SNE) might block pre-owned games from being playable on its upcoming PlayStation console. For more color, click here.
- Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) - down 8.5 percent. Network security/service providers seeing some pressure today, though nothing specific is being tied to the move.
- Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) - down 4.2 percent. Pulling back after rising 7.1 percent Wednesday. Shares have been trapped in a $5.15 to $5.90 range over the last few months.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AutoNation (AN) Gains Mid-Day as Wal-Mart (WMT) to Partner on Car Sales Platform
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) January weekly volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
- Alibaba (BABA) January weekly volatility at 54 into Q4 and outlook