Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/03: (RIG) (VRNG) (FST) Above; (MSFT) (GME) (FTNT) Below
Crossing and above:
- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) - up 6.2 percent. Popping after settling with the U.S. for a sum less than originally expected. For more color, click here.
- Vringo (AMEX: VRNG) - up 17.5 percent. Shares ripping on a Seeking Alpha article making a case from why Vringo is a buy.
- Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) - up 3.7 percent. Announced the sale of all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million.
- Microsoft Corp (Nasdaq: MSFT) - down 1.4 percent. Tech giants pulling back following a run higher Wednesday on fiscal cliff exuberance. Microsoft ended the session up 3.4 percent yesterday.
- GameStop (NYSE: GME) - down 6.0 percent. Lower on concerns that Sony (NYSE: SNE) might block pre-owned games from being playable on its upcoming PlayStation console. For more color, click here.
- Fortinet Inc. (Nasdaq: FTNT) - down 8.5 percent. Network security/service providers seeing some pressure today, though nothing specific is being tied to the move.
- Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) - down 4.2 percent. Pulling back after rising 7.1 percent Wednesday. Shares have been trapped in a $5.15 to $5.90 range over the last few months.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) Up on S&P 500 Addition Speculation
- UPDATE: Herbalife Ltd. (HLF) Stock Jumps Higher
- Traders Look for Near-Term Upside in Microsoft (MSFT) Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!