Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/02: (KO) (JCP) (BRCD) Above; (EMC) (VVUS) (M) Below
- Market Wrap: Jobless Claims Remain at 15-Year Low; Lumber Liquidators CEO Hits the Exit; Big M&A Deal for CVS
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/21: (ABTL) (STEM) (BBRY) (HPQ) Higher; (ARO) (OTIC) (VGGL) Lower (more...)
- Intuit (INTU) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c, Maintains Q4 Guidance
- Aeropostale (ARO) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c; Guides for Wide Q2 Loss
Crossing and above:
- The Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO) - up 2.8 percent. After moving 3.8 percent lower since the middle of December, shares are making a nice rebound Wednesday after lawmakers successfully pieced togethe fiscal cliff negotiations.
- J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) - up 5.4 percent. The retailer once again largely outpacing peers as retailers have been lagging the broader marker on the fsical cliff-inspired rally. Shares have been volatile recently as some have benn on the fence about CEO Ron Johnson's strategy moving forward.
- Brocade Communications (Nasdaq: BRCD) - up 6.0 percent. Tech seeing a rally with broader markets. With Americans being able to keep a little more of their income than originally anticipated, many are betting on firm consumer electronics sales into 2013.
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - down 2.1 percent. Oppenheimer commented earlier that channel checks hinted at some weakness.
- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) - down 5.1 percent. VIVUS lower following comments from Cowen on Monday that Qsymia sales in November were not meeting investor expectations.
- Macy's (NYSE: M) - down 2.3 percent. Macy's pulling back following a move higher Monday amid a positive Barron's article over the weekend. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IsoRay (ISR) Mentioned Cautiously by Noted Market Watcher
- Goldman Sachs Comments on Weakness in Airlines, Expects Behavior to Remain Rational (LUV) (AAL) (DAL) (UAL)
- Lumber Liquidators (LL) CEO Lynch Resigns Unexpectedly
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBarron's, Cowen & Co, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!