Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/02: (KO) (JCP) (BRCD) Above; (EMC) (VVUS) (M) Below
- Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Cuts FY14 Comps Outlook
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Sees Q3 Sales Lower Y/Y
- Hertz (HTZ) Sees FY14 Results Well Below Prior Guidance; Announces Director Retirement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/19: (DGLY) (PETM) Higher; (RGSE) (HTZ) (LZB) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: Housing Starts Rip Higher in July; Allergan Fends-Off Takeover; Apple at All-Time Highs?;
Crossing and above:
- The Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO) - up 2.8 percent. After moving 3.8 percent lower since the middle of December, shares are making a nice rebound Wednesday after lawmakers successfully pieced togethe fiscal cliff negotiations.
- J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) - up 5.4 percent. The retailer once again largely outpacing peers as retailers have been lagging the broader marker on the fsical cliff-inspired rally. Shares have been volatile recently as some have benn on the fence about CEO Ron Johnson's strategy moving forward.
- Brocade Communications (Nasdaq: BRCD) - up 6.0 percent. Tech seeing a rally with broader markets. With Americans being able to keep a little more of their income than originally anticipated, many are betting on firm consumer electronics sales into 2013.
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - down 2.1 percent. Oppenheimer commented earlier that channel checks hinted at some weakness.
- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) - down 5.1 percent. VIVUS lower following comments from Cowen on Monday that Qsymia sales in November were not meeting investor expectations.
- Macy's (NYSE: M) - down 2.3 percent. Macy's pulling back following a move higher Monday amid a positive Barron's article over the weekend. For more color, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Hits $100 ($700 Pre-Split)
- El Pollo Loco (LOCO) Sets Sept 4 Q2 Earnings Date
- UPDATE: FireEye (FEYE) Active, Shares Decline Following Large Block Trade
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBarron's, Cowen & Co, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!