Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 11/30: (BCRX) (KW)
- Market Wrap: Sprint Ponies Up for Clearwire; Herbalife Engages Auditor; 'One' for Microsoft
- JPMorgan (JPM) Shareholders Support Dimon in Dual Role
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 05/21: (SKS) (NTAP) (LO) Higher; (UAN) (ADI) (BALT)
- Saks (SKS) Won't Comment on Tonight's Takeover 'Rumor'
- NetApp (NTAP) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Boosts Buyback, Plans Job Cuts, Initiates Dividend
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: BCRX) and privately held Presidio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the mutual termination of the Merger Agreement and the related Investor Financing Agreement entered into on October 17, 2012. Although the original rationale for the merger had merit, the parties determined that terminating the merger was in the best interest of both companies and their respective shareholders at this time.
The termination of the transaction has been approved by the Boards of both companies. In association with the termination, both parties will release each other from all obligations with respect to the proposed transaction. Each company will bear its own legal and transaction fees.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: KW) announced the acquisition of Sandpiper Apartments, a 366-unit multifamily community in Holladay, a suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah. The company purchased the property for $43.5 million, investing $12 million of equity in the transaction and assuming approximately $31.5 million of financing with Centerline Financial at 4.9% with eight years remaining.
The property, nestled in a prestigious residential neighborhood, consists of 46 buildings on 36 acres and was completed in 1999. Kennedy Wilson plans to reposition the property with more than $5 million of renovations, including a new leasing facility, interior unit upgrades, a new fitness center and landscaping enhancements.
Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
*NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
You May Also Be Interested In
- 50-Day SMA Crossers 05/20: (ELN) (ACI) (AAPL) Above; (MRK) (TLAB) (CLSN) Below
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 05/21: (CNQ) (CBST) (WTSL) Upgraded; (CCL) (DB) (COH) Downgraded
- J.P. Morgan (JPM) CEO Dimon Might Have Enough Votes to Stay Chairman - NY Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNotable Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!