Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 09/19: (BSX) (ILMN)
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
- Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE: BSX) signed a definitive agreement to acquire BridgePoint Medical, Inc., a privately held company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2012 subject to customary closing conditions.
The transaction is expected to have an immaterial impact on GAAP and adjusted earnings in 2012 and 2013 and be modestly accretive thereafter. Financial terms of the transaction are not being disclosed.
The OffRoad CTO device is an investigational device and is not available for sale in the U.S.
BridgePoint Medical has developed a proprietary, catheter-based system to treat coronary chronic total occlusions (CTOs).
- Illumina, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN) today announced that it has acquired Cambridge, U.K.-based BlueGnome Ltd. for an undisclosed sum. BlueGnome, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Illumina, is a provider of solutions for the screening of genetic abnormalities associated with developmental delay, cancer, and infertility.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Muddy Waters Crashed NQ Mobile's (NQ) Q3 Call
- CarMax (KMX) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) to Sell ITO Unit in $1.05B Deal; Adjusts FY14, FY15 EPS Guidance