Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/24: (NBL) (WWIN) (VMW) (SWK)
- S&P 500 ascends 2 percent in two days
- HP, Inc. (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
- NetApp (NTAP) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 EPS Below
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: (LGF) (PVH) (WSM) Higher; (PRGN) (PSTG) (ALDX) Lower (more...)
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NBL) today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell certain oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin to Sheridan Holding Company II, LLC, a privately held Houston based oil and gas company, for $320 million. The transaction has an effective date of April 1, 2012 and is expected to close in August 2012, subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments.
The properties include Noble Energy's interest in about 250 producing wells on approximately 11,000 net acres. As of the effective date, net daily production was over 1,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day consisting of more than 90 percent crude oil and natural gas liquids.
- Winner Medical Group Inc. (Nasdaq: WWIN) announced that the Company has entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger with Winner Holding Limited, a Cayman Islands exempted company with limited liability and indirectly wholly-owned by Mr. Jianquan Li, and Winner Acquisition, Inc., a Nevada corporation and a wholly-owned, direct subsidiary of Parent. Mr. Jianquan Li is the Company's president, chief executive officer, chairman of the board of directors and principal stockholder.
Subject to satisfaction of the Merger Agreement's terms and conditions, upon consummation of the merger, Merger Sub will merge with and into the Company, with the Company continuing as the surviving corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parent. Pursuant to the Merger Agreement, each of the Company's shares of common stock issued and outstanding immediately prior to the effective time of the merger will be converted into the right to receive $4.50 in cash without interest, except for (i) Shares owned by Parent and Merger Sub, including shares to be contributed to Parent by Mr. Jianquan Li and Ms. Ping Tse (Mr. Li's wife) immediately prior to the effective time of the merger pursuant to a contribution agreement, dated as of July 24, 2012, among Parent, Glory Ray Holdings Limited, Mr. Jianquan Li and Ms. Ping Tse, and (ii) Shares held by the Company as treasury stock, which will be cancelled and retired and cease to exist as of the effective time of the merger. The offer represents a premium of 32.3% percent over Winner Medical's closing price of $3.40 per share on March 30, 2012, the last trading day prior to the Company's announcement of its receipt of a "going-private" proposal.
Parent has a secured debt facility from DBS Bank Ltd., Hong Kong Branch, with which it is financing the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement.
The Company's Board of Directors, acting upon the unanimous recommendation of a special committee of the Board of Directors comprised solely of independent and disinterested directors (the "Special Committee"), approved and adopted the Merger Agreement and has recommended that the Company's stockholders vote to approve the Merger Agreement. The Special Committee negotiated the terms of the Merger Agreement with the assistance of its financial and legal advisors.
The transaction, which is currently expected to close before the end of the first fiscal quarter of 2013, is subject to the approval of the Merger Agreement by an affirmative vote of stockholders of both (i) a majority of the outstanding shares of the Company's common stock and (ii) a majority of the outstanding shares of the Company's common stock not owned by Parent, Merger Sub, Mr. Jianquan Li or Ms. Ping Tse, voting in person or by proxy at a special meeting of stockholders of the Company.
The Company will call a special meeting of its stockholders for the purpose of voting on the adoption of the Merger Agreement. If completed, the transaction will result in the Company becoming a privately held company and its shares will no longer be listed on The NASDAQ Global Market.
William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is serving as financial advisor to the Special Committee. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP is serving as U.S. legal advisor to the Special Committee. Winston & Strawn LLP is serving as U.S. legal advisor to the Company. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is serving as U.S. legal advisor to Mr. Jianquan Li. McDermott Will & Emery LLP is serving as U.S. legal advisor to William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
- After the market closed Monday, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) announced it signed a definitive agreement to acquire Nicira, Inc. for $1.05 billion in cash plus approximately $210 million of assumed unvested equity awards.
- Also after the close Monday, Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Infastech, a leading global manufacturer and distributor of specialty engineered fastening technologies headquartered in Hong Kong, from CVC Capital Partners and Standard Chartered Private Equity Limited for $850 million in cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 5/25: (HPE)/(CSC) (BIOD) (MDVN)
- Amplify Snack Brands (BETR) Prices 10M Share Stock Offering at $11.25 Apiece
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 5/19: (CHD) (SSS) (FTI) (MON)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair, CVC Capital Partners, Crude Oil, Notable Mergers and Acquisitions, Winner Medical Group/CEO Jianquan Li
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!