Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 04/13: (RFMI) (IBM) (BGC)
- Fedex Corp. (FDX) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c, Sales Light
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) Founder George Zimmer Axed, Reports Say he Had Trouble 'Letting Go'
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 06/19: (MBIS) (MNOV) (AVHI) Higher; (OSH) (VNDA) (ZN) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Partial Model S Recall
- Obesity Gets Some Respect (ARNA) (VVUS) (OREX)
- RF Monolithics, Inc. (Nasdaq: RFMI) entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Murata Electronics North America, Inc. for $1.78 per share to holders of RFM common shares, representing an 80% premium over the Nasdaq closing price as of April 12, 2012. The acquisition is expected to close in the third calendar quarter of 2012. Murata Electronics North America’s parent company, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., is the world’s number one supplier of passive electronic components.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including shareholder and regulatory approvals.
Hunton & Williams LLP and Morton PLLC acted as legal advisors to RFM. Duff & Phelps, LLC, in conjunction with its recently acquired Pagemill Partners business, acted as the financial advisors to RFM’s Special Committee of its Board of Directors. Alston & Bird LLP acted as legal advisor to Murata.
- IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced a definitive agreement to acquire Varicent Software Incorporated, a provider of analytics software for compensation and sales performance management. Varicent is a privately held company, with headquarters in Toronto, Canada.
Varicent software automates and analyzes the collection and reporting of sales data across finance, sales, human resources and IT departments to gain efficiencies, uncover trends and improve sales performance.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
- After the market closed Thursday, General Cable Corporation (NYSE: BGC), reported it had acquired Delphia Produtos Eletricos Ltda., located in São Bernardo do Campo, São Paulo State, Brazil. The business will continue to operate as Delphia under the umbrella of General Cable Automotiva Brasil.
Delphia is a leading manufacturer of automotive ignition wire harnesses sold into the Brazilian market. The business reported revenues of approximately $20 million USD in 2011.
Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
*NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Ramps Higher (GM)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 06/18: (ZN) (GEVO) (CYTK) Higher; (OSH) (MNKD) (OPXA) Lower
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 06/18: (BA) (MSFT) (FB) (BRCD) (WLT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNotable Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!