Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/07: (NUAN)/(TRCR) (PLAB)/(MU) (HBC)
- Wall Street indexes flat in pre-holiday lull; health, consumer up
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders Outpace in Oct.; Deere Issues Cautious Outlook; Valeant Combats Short Sellers
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
- Nuance (Nasdaq: NUAN) announced plans Wednesday to acquire Transcend Services (Nasdaq: TRCR) for $29.50/share in cash, or approximately $300 million.
The deal will expand accelerate Nuance's access to and expand its customer base within the small-to mid-size hospital market, which comprise 90 percent of hospitals and have increasing demand for voice-enabled, clinical documentation solutions.
Nuance expects the acquisition in fiscal 2013 to add between $140 million and $150 million in revenue; non-GAAP earnings between $0.08 and $0.09 per share; and, GAAP earnings between $0.02 and $0.03 per share.
The transaction is expected to close in the second half of Nuance's fiscal 2012, subject to regulatory approval and other conditions.
- Photronics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLAB), reports paying approximately $35 million to Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: MU) in connection with the purchase of its U.S. nanoFab building in Boise, ID that it previously leased from the building’s owner Micron. In connection therewith, the Company also amended its credit facility adding a 5-year term loan for $25 million and reducing interest rates by 25 basis points on borrowings as defined in the credit facility.
- HSBC and Hang Seng Bank have agreed to sell their general insurance businesses in Hong Kong, Singapore, Argentina and Mexico, representing further progress in the execution of our strategy. The value of the gross assets to be sold by HSBC Group companies was $1,228m (net asset value $237m)1 at 31 December 2011, of which assets to be sold to AXA represent $444m (net asset value $48m) and assets to be sold to QBE represent US$784m (net asset value $189m).
HSBC Insurance (Asia) Limited, HSBC Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Limited and HSBC Seguros, S.A de C.V., Grupo Financiero HSBC, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of HSBC Holdings plc, have entered into agreements to sell their general insurance portfolios in Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico, respectively, to AXA Group.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 11/25: (CSC) (CPSI) (CNLM)/(NHLD) (ACAS) (UNTD)
- Daktronics (DAKT) Miss Mostly due to Outdoor Live Events Business; Needham & Company Cuts Price Target to $9.50
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesHSBC, Notable Mergers and Acquisitions, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!