Notable ETF Movers of the Day 08/17: (TAN)(XHB) Higher; (SMH)Lower
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Promotes Steve Mollenkopf to CEO
- Sands (LVS) Scraps $30B Spanish Project as Negotiations Fall Apart
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Guggenheim Solar ETF (NYSE: TAN) is higher by up 1.9 percent to 17.52. Despite mixed results for the group, the ETF is tracking higher. Recently four China solar companies asked the government there to investigate anti-dumping of polysilicon exports from the EU, and this could be creating volatility in the space.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) is higher 1.2 percent to 23.37. For the week XHB is higher by 5 percent. The rally began following the release of Home Depot (NYSE: HD) earnings and continued on the back of other positive data yesterday, including housing permits. Today’s move adds to previous gains.
- iShares Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSE: SMH) is lower by 0.90 percent to 33.59. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) are lower by 1.7 percent. The stock has declined 3.5 percent his week as global economic headwinds continue to drag down earnings. Intel Corp (NYSE: INTC) is also having difficulty navigating the weak global economy. Its shares are down 1 percent today.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Google (GOOG) Mulls Designing Own Server Chips (INTC) (ARMH)
- UPDATE: Pep Boys (PBY) Posts Q3 EPS of 2c; Comps Fell 1%
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/06: (PLUG) (AUXL) (CONN) High; (RAX) (AGNC) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesNotable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!