Notable ETF Movers of the Day 08/16: (GDX)(XHB) Higher; (IBB)Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE: GDX) up 2.75 percent to $45.37. The move is led by Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: ABX) which is higher by 3 percent on news that it is in talks to sell its holdings in Barrick Africa. Other gold miners are also moving higher due to an increase in the spot price of gold, which is trading back above $1600 per ounce.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 2.75 percent to $22.97. The move is in response to data on U.S. building permits. Building permits increased to 812k vs. estimates of 769k. Housing starts were a bit disappointing at 746K.
- iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology (NYSE: IBB) down 0.77 percent to $133.79. Shares of Perrigo Co. (Nasdaq: PRGO) declined by 6.4 percent following the company’s earnings report. Perrigo has a 4 percent weighting in IBB.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund Report Of Earnings
- Triple-S (GTS) May Not Meet FY13 EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesNotable ETF Movers, Earnings, Housing Starts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!