Notable ETF Movers of the Day 06/25: (UNG) (VXX) (UUP) Higher; (SPY) (XHB) Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 2.18 percent to $18.62. Nat gas higher as tropical storm Debby hovers in the Gulf of Mexico, a hotbed of nat gas production.
It appears someone is smiling on nat gas players following months upon months of depressed prices. Though no damage has been reported yet, the cease in production will trim stockpiles.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 9.00 percent to $17.32. The CBOE VIX is up 16.3 percent Monday as volatility in the market place is reaching elevated levels.as Spain and Greece continue to rule headlines.
Though Spain is expected to request bailout funds, asking for the full amount is weighing, as implications of such a move still need to be weighed
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.40 percent to $22.74. Some investors are seeking out the dollar as a safe haven ahead of an expected EU meeting later this week. The euro is down 0.5 percent to $1.2481.
- SPDR S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) down 1.87 percent to $130.97. U.S. markets are largely lower on speculation about outcomes in Europe for the rest of the week. The Dow Jones is off 1.4 percent, S&P 500 down 1.9 percent, and Nasdaq down 2.1 percent.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) down 1.96 percent to $19.46. Showing the broad strength of the market today, homebuilders lower amid data Monday showing a 7.6 percent increase in new home sales in May to 369,000. The Street was expecting about 350,000. Sales were 343,000 in April.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) Can't Get Any S&P 500 Love... The Reason Explained
- Market Wrap: Detroit Bankruptcy Approved; Auto Sales Soar in November; Job Cuts at Potash
- Market Wrap: Hayman Likes GM; Pandora Skirts Competition; Private Sector Jobs Bonanza
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!