Notable ETF Movers of the Day 03/02: (UNG) (XRT) (UUP) Higher; (USO) (GDX) Lower
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSE: UNG) up 1.13 percent to $19.77. Nat gas seeing a relief bounce Friday following inventory data yesterday that pushed prices even lower. The EIA reported a drop of 82 billion cubic feet in stockpiles Thursday, compared with the consensus looking for a 90 bcf drop. April contracts are up $.028 to $2.491 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT) up 0.15 percent to $59.65. Retailers moving on a couple of key elements. First, Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) is bouncing on the session, up about 3 percent. Next, Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is popping on today's market rumor it might be an acquisition target of rival Walgreen (NYSE: WAG). Third, Ascena Retail (Nasdaq: ASNA) is up about 6 percent following strong second-quarter EPS and outlook numbers.
- PowerShares DB USD Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.77 percent to $22.13. The U.S. dollar is showing some strength versus the yen Friday following a dip in Japan's core consumer prices 0.1 percent in January, the fourth month of doing so.
And, of course, the core-core index dropped 0.9 percent for the 12 months ended January. The USD/JPY trading at $1 to ¥81.6585.
In addition, an EU summit is causing some jitters as Spain said its annual deficit might be wider than initially thought and Greece's bailout remains in question.
- United States Oil Fund (NYSE: USO) down 2.35 percent to $40.77. Crude initially fell a little bit lower late Thursday on reports of a pipeline explosion in Saudi Arabia. Though those have since been denied, the strengthening dollar on a weaker yen and questions in Europe are making crude contracts more expensive.
April contracts are $2.19 lower to $106.65 per barrel on the Comex.
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE: GDX) down 1.66 percent to $54.96. Gold moving lower on the strengthening dollar Friday as risk appetites grow and QE3 looks like its being pushed back further following comments from Fed Chief Ben Bernanke this week. April contracts are $9.8 lower to $1,712.4 per ounce on the Comex.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Nokia (NOK) Posts Q3 EPS of EUR 9c
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Posts Q3 EPS of $4.57; Boosts Qtr. Dividend to 60c/Share
- UPDATE: Cypress Semiconductor (CY) Posts Q3 EPS of 16c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBen S. Bernanke, Standard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!