Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/17: (BAC) (CX) (LUV) High; (END) (LNET) (TZYM) Low
- Market Wrap: Pending Sales Slide in June; Herbalife Hit on Q2 Results, Outlook; Netflix...Yada, Yada, Yada...Seinfeld?
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/28: (CGNX) (HLS) (AMKR) Higher; (KBIO) (HLF) (TTS) Lower (more...)
- Herbalife (HLF) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Acquire Family Dollar (FDO) for $74.50/Share
- Darden Restaurants (DRI) Chairman, CEO Otis to Step Down
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) $10.90. BofA and other financials ticking higher as lawmakers are nearing a consensus over the fiscal cliff. There is now just two weeks until about $600 billion of tax hikes and spending cuts kick in, which will largely have an adverse impact on the middle class.
BofA moved as much as 3 percent higher Monday.
- Cemex SAB (NYSE: CX) high of $9.59. Cemex making a strong move above the $9.50 level. Shares have been trending higher, but saw resistance at the $9.15 - $9.20 level.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) high of $10.43. Continuing higher after a positive outlook for the industry issued by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) last Thursday. Dahlman Rose also commented on recent performance in the segment, upgrading US Airways (NYSE: LCC) in the process.
- Tesoro Corp (NYSE: TSO) high of $45.41. Tesoro continuing higher following affiliate Tesoro Logistics LP (NYSE: TLLP) moving to acquire Chevron assets last week. For more on the deal, click here.
- Endeavour International Corp. (NYSE: END low of $4.89. Endeavour said purchase agreements to acquire ConocoPhillips’(NYSE: COP) interest in three producing U.K. oil fields in the Central North Sea were terminated. Global Hunter also downgraded the stock today. For more, click here.
- LodgeNet Interactive (Nasdaq: LNET) low of $0.08. LodgeNet entered into an amended Forbearance Agreement agreement with lenders.
- Tranzyme Pharma (Nasdaq: TZYM) low of $0.56. Tranzyme announced it is discontinuing and immediately ending patient enrollment in DIGEST, a Phase 2b trial in diabetic patients receiving TZP-102 for the management of symptoms of gastroparesis, due to insufficient efficacy. The decision followed a planned interim futility analysis, which examined patients' responsiveness to thrice daily oral dosing of 10mg of TZP-102 or placebo at the end of weeks 4 and 8 of a 12 week trial.
Shares slipped 35 percent today.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tesla Motors (TSLA) /Panasonic Reach Battery Agreement - Nikkei
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 7/28: (FDO) (XGTI) (TRLA) Higher; (ACRX) (HZNP) (Z) Lower (more...)
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 07/28: (RAD) (Z) (NFLX) (AAL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!