Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/04: (DSW) (ADBE) High; (UEPS) (GERN) (SINA) Low
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Pershing Square Comments on Herbalife (HLF); Says Allegations 'Provably False', Hasn't Provided Proof
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/10: (THTI) (BLDP) (UQM) Higher; (BSPM) (CIMT) (MOBI) Lower
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) Becomes Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- FMC Corp. (FMC) Plans Split into Two, Publicly-Traded Companies
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) $72.00. DSW popping higher after Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. disclosed a 3 percent stake in the company, or about 1,299,471 shares.
- Adobe Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: ADBE) high of $35.56. Adobe is on a four-session run (five, if it ends up in positive territory today) with strength over the $35 level. Investors might be banking on some sort of special payout following the move from peer Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) Monday night, though Adobe doesn't pay a regular dividend.
- Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: UEPS) low of $3.34. Slammed over 57 percent following news that it was being investigated by the FBI and U.S. DoJ. For more color on the disclosure, click here.
- Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $0.91. Geron said it discontinued development of GRN1005. The company also announced a restructuring to reduce its workforce from 107 positions to 64 full-time positions, and to reduce its annual cash operating expenses from approximately $65 million in 2012 to approximately $33 million in 2013. CFO Graham Cooper will also resign.
For more on the news, click here.
- SINA Corp. (Nasdaq: SINA) low of $41.70. Chinese stocks have been pressured over the last few months as fears of a growth slowdown continued to take hold. Today, China stocks are lower as the U.S. SEC is bringing special administrative proceedings against several Chinese branches of large U.S. accounting firms.
For more, click here.
- Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CWST) low of $. The Company reported a wider than expected loss of 18 cents per share on light revs of $120.3 million. Casella promoted chief financial officer Ed Johnson to the post of president and chief operating officer, and that Ned Coletta, vice president of finance and investor relations, would become the company's new senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/11: (FCEL) (HIMX) (AAL) High; (WLT) (ANR) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesLeonard Green & Partners, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!