Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/04: (DSW) (ADBE) High; (UEPS) (GERN) (SINA) Low
- Wall St. edges higher on tech, housing boost
- Tesla (TSLA) Adds 100-kWh Battery Option Pack to Model S and Model X
- U.S. new home sales race to near nine-year high
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Director Buys 350K Shares
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/23: (URRE) (LCI) (OSUR) Higher; (LZB) (DY) (INTU) Lower (more...)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) $72.00. DSW popping higher after Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. disclosed a 3 percent stake in the company, or about 1,299,471 shares.
- Adobe Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: ADBE) high of $35.56. Adobe is on a four-session run (five, if it ends up in positive territory today) with strength over the $35 level. Investors might be banking on some sort of special payout following the move from peer Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) Monday night, though Adobe doesn't pay a regular dividend.
- Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: UEPS) low of $3.34. Slammed over 57 percent following news that it was being investigated by the FBI and U.S. DoJ. For more color on the disclosure, click here.
- Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $0.91. Geron said it discontinued development of GRN1005. The company also announced a restructuring to reduce its workforce from 107 positions to 64 full-time positions, and to reduce its annual cash operating expenses from approximately $65 million in 2012 to approximately $33 million in 2013. CFO Graham Cooper will also resign.
For more on the news, click here.
- SINA Corp. (Nasdaq: SINA) low of $41.70. Chinese stocks have been pressured over the last few months as fears of a growth slowdown continued to take hold. Today, China stocks are lower as the U.S. SEC is bringing special administrative proceedings against several Chinese branches of large U.S. accounting firms.
For more, click here.
- Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CWST) low of $. The Company reported a wider than expected loss of 18 cents per share on light revs of $120.3 million. Casella promoted chief financial officer Ed Johnson to the post of president and chief operating officer, and that Ned Coletta, vice president of finance and investor relations, would become the company's new senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Names Paul Herendeen as CFO
- Point72 Asset Management, L.P. Raises Stake in Square (SQ) to 5.4%
- Trinity Industries (TRN) Receives Confirmation from U.S. Attorney for Massachusetts that it Closed Investigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesLeonard Green & Partners, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!