Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/04: (DSW) (ADBE) High; (UEPS) (GERN) (SINA) Low
- Top 10 News for 07/21 - 07/25: In the Thick of Earnings; M&A Ramps Up; Where's the Homes?
- Goldman's GOAL Cuts Equities to Neutral, Corporate Credit to Underweight
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Posts Q2 Loss of 24c/Share
- IBM (IBM) Rejects Offer for Chip-Making Unit - Bloomberg
- Containerboard Stocks Could Revalue Up to 100% Under MLP Structures, Perry Capital Says (IP) (KS) (RKT)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW) $72.00. DSW popping higher after Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. disclosed a 3 percent stake in the company, or about 1,299,471 shares.
- Adobe Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: ADBE) high of $35.56. Adobe is on a four-session run (five, if it ends up in positive territory today) with strength over the $35 level. Investors might be banking on some sort of special payout following the move from peer Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) Monday night, though Adobe doesn't pay a regular dividend.
- Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: UEPS) low of $3.34. Slammed over 57 percent following news that it was being investigated by the FBI and U.S. DoJ. For more color on the disclosure, click here.
- Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $0.91. Geron said it discontinued development of GRN1005. The company also announced a restructuring to reduce its workforce from 107 positions to 64 full-time positions, and to reduce its annual cash operating expenses from approximately $65 million in 2012 to approximately $33 million in 2013. CFO Graham Cooper will also resign.
For more on the news, click here.
- SINA Corp. (Nasdaq: SINA) low of $41.70. Chinese stocks have been pressured over the last few months as fears of a growth slowdown continued to take hold. Today, China stocks are lower as the U.S. SEC is bringing special administrative proceedings against several Chinese branches of large U.S. accounting firms.
For more, click here.
- Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CWST) low of $. The Company reported a wider than expected loss of 18 cents per share on light revs of $120.3 million. Casella promoted chief financial officer Ed Johnson to the post of president and chief operating officer, and that Ned Coletta, vice president of finance and investor relations, would become the company's new senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/25: (DECK) (RFMD) (BIDU) High; (INFA) (BCOV) (QLGC) Low
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 07/24: (SODA) (YGE) (BBRY) (INO)
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 07/25: (PBR) (PTEN) (FLS) Upgraded; (AMZN) (BCOV) (XOM) Downgraded
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesLeonard Green & Partners, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!