Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/03: (QIHU) (HD) (EFX) High; (QLGC) (VELT) (MCRS) Low
- Top 10 News for 2/1 - 2/5: Payrolls Gain, Unemplment Wanes; Investors Move Out of LinkedIn; Viacom Legend Steps Down
- Technology rout pushes Nasdaq to lowest close since 2014
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 151K vs 190K Expected; UE Rate 4.9% vs 5% Expected
- Investors Smell Opportunity in Flint's Stinky Water
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (NYSE: QIHU) $28.14. Qihoo 360 gaining following positive comments on the stock over the weekend. Chinese shares are also positive stemming from new HSBC data showing manufacturing expansion in November for China.
- Home Depot (NYSE: HD) high of $65.77. Home Depot higher as construction spending rose 1.4 percent in October, outpacing expectations of a 0.4 percent gain. The increase could translate well for Home Depot, not to mention shares might get a boost from the recent "heat" wave hitting the Midwest and Eastern U.S.
- Equifax (NYSE: EFX) high of $55.52. Entered a deal to acquire CSC's (NYSE: CSC) credit services unit in a transaction valued at $1 billion. For more on the acquisition, click here.
- Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Ltd. (AMEX: LPH) high of $2.81. Another Chinese stock moving higher today. Longwei announced that 10,654,837 warrants outstanding associated with its October 29, 2009 financing have expired.
- QLogic (Nasdaq: QLGC) low of $8.63. QLogic hit as Goldman Sachs downgraded shares to Sell today. For more color, click here.
- Velti plc (Nasdaq: VELT) low of $3.07. Velti submitted its regulatory filing for the three-months ended September 30th, giving investors a better look into the miss and lowered guidance. Click here for the filing.
- MICROS Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: MCRS) low of $42.36. MICROS announced that Peter Altabef would succeed Tom Giannopoulos as CEO in January. For details on the shift, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 2/5: (TSN) (CMS) Higher; (LNKD) (LINE) (GNW) Lower
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 2/4: (FAST) (OCLR) (AOSL) High; (KSS) (MET) (RL) Low
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 2/4: (FB) (VIAB) (KSS) (SYT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesConstruction Spending, HSBC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!