Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 11/29: (EBAY) (KR) (LOW) High; (EBR) (FMD) Low
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) $52.80. eBay getting a bump higher from Nomura with respect to its Bill Me Later program. For more on the analyst comments, click here.
- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) high of $26.20. Kroger popping 4.6 percent as the grocer reported a 3 cent EPS beat and stronger than expected revs of $21.8 billion with its third-quarter results today.
- Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) high of $36.27. Lowe's, like peer Home Depot (NYSE: HD) thrives on good news out of the home building segment. Today, pending home sales rising 5.2 percent in October easily outpaced expectations for a 1 percent jump and clobbered a 0.3 percent rise the prior month.
- Monsanto (NYSE: MON) high of $93.00. Monsanto has been up the last seven of eight session, higher again today on plans for a $100 million expansion to Nebraska, Iowa and Indiana seed processing plants. Headlines come from the AP today.
- Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. Eletrobras (NYSE: EBR) low of $2.94. Electrobras as policymakers in Brazil signaled that the Selic rate would remain low at 7.25 percent, The move might hint at slowing growth in Brazil and/or lawmakers are positioning for a tougher macro climate moving forward into 2013.
The move ends the second-longest streak of rate cuts on record for Brazil.
- The First Marblehead Corporation (NYSE: FMD) low of $0.64. First Marblehead on a second day of weakness following settlement with The Education Resources Institute on Tuesday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 8/29: (AAPL) (SYT) (ATVI) (RDEN)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/27: (CREG) (CCUR) (FEYE) Higher; (GOMO) (WSM) (GES) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Ramps Higher; Telecom Italia Makes Run at Vivendi's GVT; Apple Affirms Sept. Event
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesPending Home Sales, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!