Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 11/08: (RTK) (AMCX) (BIOS) High; (WIN) (CPRX) (MCD) Low
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Rentech, Inc. (NYSE: RTK) $2.85. Rentech higher after topping Q3 EPS views by 4 cents earlier, while revs of $60.2 million crushed expectations.
- AMC Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: AMCX) high of $55.38. AMC reported earlier Thursday with Q3 EPS of 51 cents and revs of $332 million. The Street was looking for EPS of just 37 cents and revs of $288.5 million.
- BioScrip, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIOS) high of $10.15. BioScrip reported a narrower than expected loss of 1 cent per share for Q3, though the company did caution that it is assessing the impact of Hurricane Sandy on the performance of its locations in the Northeastern U.S.
- Santarus, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNTS) high of $9.79. Another earnings winner here. Santarus posted a 3 cent per share Q3 earnings beat. Looking ahead, the company boosted its outlook for fiscal 2012. For more color on the guidance, click here.
- Windstream Corporation (Nasdaq: WIN) low of $8.51. Windstream reported Q3 EPS of 9 cents and revs of $1.55 billion, mixed to the consensus estimate calling for EPS of 13 cents and revs of $1.54 billion. Shares down 9.7 percent to the new mark.
- Catyalyst Pharmaceutical Partners, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPRX) low of $0.49. Getting obliterated as CPP-109 missed both primary and secondary endpoints in Phase IIb as a treatment for cocaine addiction. For more color on the results, click here. Shares fell over 66 percent on the session to the new low.
- McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD) low of $84.96. McDonald's reported October comps were down 1.8 percent, versus an expected 1.1 percent drop. Europe fared the worst, dropping 2.2 percent versus estimates of 0.7 percent.
- Universal Display Corp (Nasdaq: PANL) low of $21.55. Universal Display slumping after reporting a surprise Q3 loss of 12 cents per share with revs of just $12.5 million. The consensus was looking for quarterly EPS of 5 cents on revs of $18.9 million. Looking ahead, the Company cut expectations for fiscal 2012 revenue from $90 million to $110 million down to a new range of $80 million to $82 million. The Street was looking for revs of $99.8 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Lifts FY15 EPS Outlook
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 11/21: (BX)/(GE) (NEWM) (NXST)
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): Goldman Sachs Warns of Near-Term Volatility, Reiterates CL-Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!