Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 10/16: (SIRI) (KR) (MAT) High; (AONE) (RATE) (OCZ) Low
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) IPO Opens at $21.30
- Initial Jobless Claims Spike Higher, But Market May Take it in Stride
- Aramark Holdings (ARMK) IPO Opens Modestly Higher
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/12: (BAXS) (UNS) (ARCW) Higher; (IMUC) (LULU) (CIEN) Lower (more...)
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Sirius XM (Nasdaq: SIRI) $2.82. Sirius getting an analyst boost today as BofA/Merrill added shares to its U.S. 1 List and Pivotal Research raised its price target 15 percent to $3.45.
- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) high of $24.84. Kroger boosted its long-term EPS growth outlook from 6 percent to 8 percent up to a range of 8 percent to 11 percent at its investor conference in New York today. In addition, the company approved a $500 million buyback plan. Shares rose 6 percent on the session.
- Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT) high of $37.20. Mattel rising on quarterly numbers. Third-quarter EPS was $1.04 on revs of $2.08 billion, versus estimates calling for EPS of 99 cents and sales of $2.08 billion.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) high of $69.80. J&J beat Q3 EPS expectations by 4 cents today. In addition, the Company boosted FY12 EPS expectations from a range of $5.00 to $5.07 up to $5.05 to $5.10. The Street is at $5.06.
For an overview of results, click here.
- A123 Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: AONE) low of $0.06. A123 Systems said that itself and all of its U.S. subsidiaries today filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. For more, click here.
- Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) low of $10.30. Bankrate said it sees third-quarter revs of $115.5 million and $117.5 million and adjusted EPS of $0.11 to $0.13, versus consensus views calling for revs of $132.7 million and EPS of $0.20.
Shares down 29 percent to the new low Tuesday.
- OCZ Technology Group (Nasdaq: OCZ) low of $1.23. OCZ lower as it said it was unable to file its Form 10-Q for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013 (Q2'13), which ended on August 31, 2012, on time as the Company's financial statements are still under review. Shares hit 14.6 percent to the new mark Tuesday.
- Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. (NYSE: OSG) low of $3.71. Overseas Shipholding saw some selling pressure below the key $5 level. Volume on today's session is 5.4 million shares, versus the trailing average of 770,000 shares.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/05: (CELG) (KSS) (HK) Upgraded; (XOM) (SJM) (ALKS) Downgraded
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBank of America, Bankruptcy, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!