Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 09/11: (GE) (SNSS) (HOV) High; (EXC) (GERN) (COOL) Low
- Top 10 News for 12/16 - 12/20: QE3 Tapering Begins; Apple Elusive Deal; Year-End Merger Onslaught
- GDP Booms 4.1% Higher in Third Quarter
- Target (TGT) Provides Update on Credit Card Breech; Sees No Impact to PIN Numbers
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/20: (TSEM) (ORMP) (MKTG) Higher; (WPCS) (TIBX) (KUTV) Lower
- Duck Dynasty Clan Threatens to Walk on Disney's (DIS) A&E Over Robertson Suspension
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) high of $21.69. GE is moving right along with broader markets today, looking to make it seven winning sessions out of the last 11.
Earlier, GE Healthcare today announced pooled results from phase III brain autopsy and biopsy studies on the investigational PET amyloid imaging agent, [18F]flutemetamol, which showed a strong concordance between [18F]flutemetamol images and Alzheimer’s disease-associated beta amyloid brain pathology. For more from the release, click here.
- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNSS) high of $4.02. Sunesis rising over 52 percent on the session after announcing it will implement a one-time, 225-patient sample size increase to its Phase 3 VALOR trial of vosaroxin in acute myeloid leukemia (AML), bringing target enrollment to 675 patients.
For more color, click here.
- Hovnanian Enterprises (NYSE: HOV) high of $3.56. Hovnanian moving well above the $3.30 level today. We noted yesterday that there might be more potential in the homebuilding segment as valuations begin to flatted and come more in-line with historical averages. For more, click here.
- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) high of $17.35. Gannett has been moving higher for a while now, but the stock saw stronger volume after crossing above the $17 level. This is the highest Gannett has been since a volatile day back in February 2011.
- Exelon (NYSE: EXC) low of $35.36. Exelon giving little reason for investors to buy in recently. Shares have been trending downward to the pattern of three or four down days for every up day. Yesterday, Citi downgraded Exelon to Sell on Monday.
- Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $. Geron is down another 5.5 percent after falling 55.9 percent Monday. Yesterday, the pharma said it is discontinuing its randomized Phase 2 study of imetelstat in metastatic HER2-negative breast cancer because median progression-free survival (PFS) in the imetelstat arm was shorter than in the comparator arm.
- Majesco (Nasdaq: COOL) low of $1.62. Majesco reported a wider-than-expected Q3 loss of 9 cents per share on sales of $9.1 million. The company expects fiscal 2012 operating results to the lower-end of previously issued guidance.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/20: (CCL) (ARRS) (MMM) Upgraded; (IACI) (FNFG) Downgraded
- Trading Radar for 12/20: CalAmp (CAMP) Reports
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/20: (AMBA) (TSLA) (DIS) (MKTO)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!