Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 09/10: (PPHM) (RF) (AAPL) High; (GERN) (NDZ) (EXC) Low
- Top 10 News for 03/23 - 03/27: Kraft/Heinz Mega Food Merger, SanDisk Warns, Biotech Bubblicious
- Intel (INTC) in Talks to Buy Altera Corp (ALTR) - WSJ
- Dow Chemical (DOW) to Separate Chlor-Alkali Unit, Merge it with Olin (OLN)
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of 4c
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/27: Higher GBSN, OLN, OXM; Lower OHRP, MOLG, APDN (more...)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PPHM) high of $5.14. Peregrine reported first-quarter 2013 loss of 7 cents per share on revs of $4.25 million, beating views on the top and bottom lines.
- Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) high of $7.58. Goldman Sachs added Regions to its Conviction Buy list earlier.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) high of $683.29. Investors and traders doing some more position ahead of Apple's September 12th event. Many are expecting a new iPhone to be revealed, though there are still many questions left as to what features will be included in the new model.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARIA) high of $22.79. Ariad getting a boost as BofA upgraded shares from Neutral to Buy. The stock moved 3.5 percent higher on the session Monday.
- Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $1.23. Geron announced that, on the basis of an unplanned interim analysis, it is discontinuing its randomized Phase 2 study of imetelstat in metastatic HER2-negative breast cancer because median progression-free survival (PFS) in the imetelstat arm was shorter than in the comparator arm.
For more color, click here.
Shares fell 58 percent at one point following the news.
- Nordion Inc. (NYSE: NDZ) low of $5.51. Nordion received the decision in the confidential arbitration with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL). Nordion was unsuccessful in its claim for specific performance or monetary damages relating to AECL’s cancelled construction of the MAPLE facilities. The arbitrators dismissed AECL’s counterclaim against Nordion, which claimed damages for breach of contract in the amount of $250 million and other relief.
Click here for the release.
- Exelon (NYSE: EXC) low of $. Citi chopped its rating on Exelon to Sell, from its prior call of Neutral.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Surgical Care (SCAI) Prices 7M Share Common Offering at $33.25/Share
- Market Wrap: Feb. Durable Orders Miss Expectations; Heinz, Kraft to Merge; Tesla Sinks on Two-Notch Downgrade
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Prices Larger 20.75M Common Secondary Offering at $23.71/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Citi, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!