Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 09/10: (PPHM) (RF) (AAPL) High; (GERN) (NDZ) (EXC) Low
- Top 10 News for 7/18 - 7/22: Netflix Sub Gains Evasive; Microsoft Shares Rip on Results; Tesla Debuts Second Master Plan
- Wall St. rises, racks up fourth straight week of gains
- Shots Fired, More than a Dozen May Be Dead at Munich Shopping Center
- Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count +15 to 462 (447 Prior)
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; adj.-Backlog Up 6%
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PPHM) high of $5.14. Peregrine reported first-quarter 2013 loss of 7 cents per share on revs of $4.25 million, beating views on the top and bottom lines.
- Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) high of $7.58. Goldman Sachs added Regions to its Conviction Buy list earlier.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) high of $683.29. Investors and traders doing some more position ahead of Apple's September 12th event. Many are expecting a new iPhone to be revealed, though there are still many questions left as to what features will be included in the new model.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARIA) high of $22.79. Ariad getting a boost as BofA upgraded shares from Neutral to Buy. The stock moved 3.5 percent higher on the session Monday.
- Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) low of $1.23. Geron announced that, on the basis of an unplanned interim analysis, it is discontinuing its randomized Phase 2 study of imetelstat in metastatic HER2-negative breast cancer because median progression-free survival (PFS) in the imetelstat arm was shorter than in the comparator arm.
For more color, click here.
Shares fell 58 percent at one point following the news.
- Nordion Inc. (NYSE: NDZ) low of $5.51. Nordion received the decision in the confidential arbitration with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL). Nordion was unsuccessful in its claim for specific performance or monetary damages relating to AECL’s cancelled construction of the MAPLE facilities. The arbitrators dismissed AECL’s counterclaim against Nordion, which claimed damages for breach of contract in the amount of $250 million and other relief.
Click here for the release.
- Exelon (NYSE: EXC) low of $. Citi chopped its rating on Exelon to Sell, from its prior call of Neutral.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/21: (JOY) (FNB)/(YDKN) (MA) (RLYP) (NETE)
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 7/22: (GMTX) (FE) (EBAY) High; (SWK) (SKX) (BAS) Low
- Trading Radar for 7/25: Sprint (S), Danaher (DHR), Texas Instruments (TXN), Las Vegas Sands (LVS), Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Citi, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!