Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 08/22: (CF) (AUY) (AUQ) High; (PMI) (MTG) (TIV) Low
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF) high of $174.47. CF is gaining as hot weather and arid conditions are causing corn and soybean crops to go to waste. The USDA recently cut it's corn crop forecast citing drier conditions. CF moved 5.9 percent to the new high today.
- Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE: AUY) high of $16.18. Yamana gaining again today as gold nears the 1900 per ounce mark. Unrest in Libya coupled with Jackson Hole this week are causing investors to move into the metal as a safe haven against currencies and inflation. Yamana is up 4.3 percent on the session.
- AuRico Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUQ) high of $14.17. Sees Yamana above. AuRico moved 5.6 percent to the new high today on soaring gold prices.
- PMI Group Inc. (NYSE: PMI) low of $0.1750. PMI reported that the Arizona Department of Insurance has issued an order, placing PMI Mortgage Insurance Co., the Company’s principal operating subsidiary, and PMI Insurance Co., a direct, wholly-owned subsidiary of MIC, under the Department’s supervision, and appointing a Supervisor. Shares dropped nearly 42 percent on the session.
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE: MTG) low of $1.70. MGIC is reacting to PMI news today. Shares moved just over 10 percent lower on the session to the new mark.
- Tri-Valley Corp. (AMEX: TIV) low of $0.25. Tri-Valley and the OPUS Special Committee announced today that they have reached preliminary, amicable terms resolving matters that will support the continued development and financing of the Pleasant Valley Oil Sands Project. Click here for more color on the terms from the release.
- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq: JASO) low of $3.20. JA Solar seeing some opposite reaction following SunTech (NYSE: STP) earnings today. Last week, JA Solar reported a wider-than-expected second-quarter loss, which was also lower than analysts expected. Shares moved 8 percent to the new low today.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/07: (SMSI) (SKUL) (PLUG) Higher; (NVTL) (PXLW) (ALOG) Lower
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 Profit Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!