Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 08/20: (AAPL) (SIRI) (VLO) High; (GRPN) (AONE) (ASTM) Low
- Wall St ends flat; Disney, retailers dip on sales worries
- Why Martin Shkreli ONLY Cares About KaloBios Pharma's (KBIO) Stock Price
- China stocks tumble most since summer slump as brokerage probe widens
- FBR Capital's Ives Sees Growing Apple Watch Interest (AAPL)
- Target (TGT) Notes Strong Black Friday Sales Start; Apple, Giant Stuffed Teddy Bear Lead Charge
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) high of $664.75. Apple higher amid positive comments from Goldman ealier as well as CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Kwon Oh Hyun meeting today to see if the two can enter a patent settlement before jury deliberations commence on Tuesday.
Apple's high also made it the most valuable company ever, even surpassing Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) of the late 90s.
- SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (Nasdaq: SIRI) high of $2.64. Higher as Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LMCA) continues adding to its position. Volkswagen and Sirius also announced a new trial deal for certain pre-owned Volkswagen vehicles.
- Valero Energy Corp. (NYSE: VLO) high of $29.78. Valero gaining on sentiment in the sector as word that curbs in production are finally bringing ethanol stockpiles down. Valero owns "10 ethanol plants in the central plains region of the United States with a combined ethanol nameplate production capacity of about 1.1 billion gallons per year," according to a company description
- Groupon (Nasdaq: GRPN) low of $4.50. Groupon lower as the WSJ highlighted that large investors were selling shares earlier. Though Groupon was briefly higher on the session at mid-day, the stock has sunk back into negative territory.
Overall, sentiment behind Groupon has been light due to increasing competition and relatively low barrier to entry in the segment.
- A123 Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: AONE) low of $0.40. A123 fell below the 44 cent support level on the session, with volume strong than average. Shares have been pressured following reports of the Obama-backed company looking to China for assistance, as reported last week.
- Aastrom Biosciences (Nasdaq: ASTM) low of $1.56. Aastrom Biosciences down following a Roth Capital downgrade earlier. Shares fell below the $1.75 support level, which the stock hit several times over the last year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 11/24: (ADRO) (IMPV) (AAPL) (LLL)
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 11/27: (M) (ARES) (VRX) (YELP)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 11/24: (PBMD) (VEEV) (GES) Higher; (HPQ) (PTCT) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesRoth Capital, Barack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!