Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 08/16: (PETM) (DFS) (ITW) High; (MCP) (VLCCF) (FB) Low
- Wall St ends flat; Disney, retailers dip on sales worries
- Why Martin Shkreli ONLY Cares About KaloBios Pharma's (KBIO) Stock Price
- China stocks tumble most since summer slump as brokerage probe widens
- FBR Capital's Ives Sees Growing Apple Watch Interest (AAPL)
- Target (TGT) Notes Strong Black Friday Sales Start; Apple, Giant Stuffed Teddy Bear Lead Charge
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- PetSmart, Inc. (Nasdaq: PETM) high of $72.50. PetSmart higher following strong Q2 results. PetSmart beat EPS views by 6 cents with a 7 percent jump in comps. FY12 EPS guidance was boosted as well.
- Discover (NYSE: DFS) high of $37.97. Discover higher amid announcing a new partnership with Google for its Google Wallet.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) high of $59.56. ITW entered an agreement to sell a 51 percent stake in its Decorative Surfaces segment, with proceeds expected to be $1.05 billion.
- Molycorp, Inc. (NYSE: MCP) low of $11.16. Molycorp said it plans to offer $300 million aggregate principal amount (or up to an aggregate of $345 million aggregate principal amount if the underwriters of such offering exercise their over-allotment option in full) of its Convertible Senior Notes due 2017 and $150 million of its common stock (or up to an aggregate of $172.5 million of Common Stock if Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, the underwriter of such offering, exercises its option to purchase additional shares of Common Stock in full) in separate registered public offerings.
- Knightsbridge Tankers Ltd (Nasdaq: VLCCF) low of $. Reported a surprise Q2 loss on Wednesday. The shipper also halved its quarterly dividend to 17.5 cents. Shares dropped 7.7 percent Wednesday.
- Facebook, Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) low of $19.69. Facebook slammed upon expiration of lock-up accords following its May IPO. Shares fell over 7 percent on the session to the new low. For more on the lock-up, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) PT Lifted to $70 at Oppenheimer
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivers 13th Founders Edition Model X
- Abengoa Yield (ABY) Appoints New Managing Director; Will Retain Current Business Model
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Dividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!