Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 08/15: (S) (SRPT) (TGT) High; (SPLS) (ODP) (BCOV) Low
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
- Market Wrap: Facebook is Movin' Up; Strong Start for IPO Autohome; Costco Slumps on Sales
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/11: (UNS) (PRTA) (FB) Higher; (IMUC) (ATHN) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
- William Blair's 2014 Top Midcap Picks
- Fortis to Acquire UNS Energy (UNS) for $60.25/Share
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S) high of $5.24. Sprint moving strong above the $5 level today. A close above $5.05, which was hit Monday, would be the highest level since July 2011.
- Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRPT) high of $10.78. Sarepta higher amid a positive mention about the pharma's drug for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Additionally, CEO Chris Garabedian spoke at Wedbush PacGrow Life Science Conference Tuesday.
Shares were up as much as 28 percent on the session.
- Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) high of $64.99. Target getting to multi-year highs today following strong second-quarter results issued earlier. EPS topped expectations by 11 cents. Looking ahead, Target sees third-quarter 2012 adjusted EPS of 83 cents to 93 cents while boosting its fiscal 2012 EPS outlook from a range of $4.60 to $4.80 up to $4.65 to $4.85. The Street was looking for third-quarter EPS of 76 cents and 2012 EPS of $4.31.
- Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) low of $10.99. Staples slammed today following second-quarter results and outlook issued earlier on the session. Staples reported in-line EPS of 22 cents and weaker revs of $5.5 billion. The company also adopted a more conservative outlook for 2012.
- Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP) low of $1.52. Office Depot lower following staples numbers. The results mesh with Office Depot's own dire results on August 7th, with the retailer missing Q2 EPS views by six cents.
- Brightcove Inc. (Nasdaq: BCOV) low of $11.53. After the market closed Tuesday, Brightcove announced that it made inducement equity awards to 15 new employees in connection with its acquisition of Zencoder. The inducement awards cover an aggregate of 77,041 shares of Brightcove common stock in the form of restricted stock units, or RSUs, and are being made as a material inducement to employees entering into employment with Brightcove in connection with the acquisition transaction.
- Thompson Creek Metals Co. (NYSE: TC) low of $2.25. BB&T Capital downgraded Thompson Creek from Buy to Hold.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/06: (PLUG) (AUXL) (CONN) High; (RAX) (AGNC) Low
- Triple-S (GTS) May Not Meet FY13 EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!