Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/23: (GY) (MDC) (BGS) High; (WTSLA) (GMCR) (DELL) Low
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/10: (ARIA) (RMBS) (GERN) Higher; (GNK) (EGLE) (PBY) Lower (more...)
- GM (GM) Names Mary Barra as Next CEO
- FDIC Votes to Adopt Volcker Rule; Will Aim to Stem 'Risky' Trading at Banks (C) (JPM) (BAC)
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Names Laurent Potdevin as CEO; Chairman Chip Wilson Resigns
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- GenCorp Inc. (NYSE: GY) high of $7.83. Normally its the company doing the acquiring which gets a little pop in its share price, but that's not the case today. Earlier, GenCorp announced it entered an agreement to acquire Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne (PWR) from United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX) for $550 million.
Shares rose nearly 16 percent on Monday's session.
- M.D.C. Holdings (NYSE: MDC) high of $33.38. M.D.C. getting a boost as Goldman Sachs BGS) high of $28.00. B&G powered through a $27.50 resistance level today, though volume is trending slightly ahead of its traling three-month daily average.
- Wet Seal Inc. (Nasdaq: WTSLA) low of $2.42. Wet Seal reported the CEO Susan McGalla's employment was terminated.
The Company currently estimates second quarter loss before non-cash asset impairment and CEO severance costs will be between $0.06 and $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to its initial guidance of a loss between $0.03 and $0.06 per diluted share.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) low of $4.03. AMD lower again after issuing a second quarter miss late last Thursday, even after it cut expectations in June.
Closing lower would result in a third session of losses for AMD.
- Dell Inc. (Nasdaq: DELL) low of $11.52. Dell also suffering from lack of support in the tech/consumer electronics sector.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (Nasdaq: GMCR) low of $17.11. Green Mountain hitting another new low as sentiment that K-Cup sales may be lagging ahead of its patent expiration is more than enough to offset any positive momentum tied to the announced acquisition of Peet's Coffee & Tea (Nasdaq: PEET), as announced earlier.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Triple-S (GTS) May Not Meet FY13 EPS Guidance
- Central Garden & Pet Company to Announce Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!