Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/20: (ONXX) (EBAY) (PSTI) High; (AMD) (ETFC) (TSU) Low
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) IPO Opens at $21.30
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/12: (GNVC) (NLP) (ZN) Higher; (IMUC) (SPPR) (SYN) Lower
- Initial Jobless Claims Spike Higher, But Market May Take it in Stride
- AIG (AIG), AerCap (AER) in Talks Over AIG's Jet-Leasing Unit
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ONXX) high of $79.19. Onyx ripping after getting FDA approval of Kyprolis (carfilzomib) for Injection, a proteasome inhibitor, indicated for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least two prior therapies. Shares are up as much as 15.8 percent Friday.
- eBay Inc., (Nasdaq: EBAY) high of $45.48. eBay still riding high following second quarter results late Wednesday. Thursday, the company said it was offering $3 billion in senior notes, adjusting non-GAAP expectations in the process.
However, JPMorgan issued positive comments.
- Pluristem Therapeutics (Nasdaq: PSTI) high of $3.84. Pluristem has been moving higher since announcing a collaboration with CPC over an Intermittent Claudication (IC) treatment study using PLX-PAD. Shares are up over 43 percent the last two sessions.
- athenahealth, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATHN) high of $97.25. athenahealth popping after reporting second-quarter EPS of 24 cents on revs of $103.5 million after the market closed Thursday. EPS beat views by 1 cent.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE: AMD) low of $4.20. AMD missed Q2 EPS expectations by 1 cent Thursday night, with CEO Rory Read issuing a sobering view of the PC industry. Shares dropped over 13 percent on the session Friday.
- E*Trade Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: ETFC) low of $7.32. E*Trade reported second-quarter EPS of 13 cents on revs of $452.4 million, which were mixed to consensus views. Nomura Securities kept its Buy rating on the stock, and made some comments following the results.
- TIM Participacoes S.A. (NYSE: TSU) low of $21.00. After hitting a 52-week low Thursday, the stock is back down again Friday following a downgrade at BofA/Merrill Lynch from Buy to Neutral.
Yesterday, the carrier disclosed that Anatel disproportionally blocked the sale of new lines in 19 states.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/05: (CELG) (KSS) (HK) Upgraded; (XOM) (SJM) (ALKS) Downgraded
- Major Wall Street Research Firm Tackles Bitcoin Mania; Sees Significant Value
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Merrill Lynch, Needham & Company, Bank of America, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!