Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/18: (VVUS) (USB) (T) High; (EDU) (RVI) (WHX) Low
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/11: (CYTR) (VIMC) (NRF) Higher; (GEVO) (AVNR) (LH) Lower (more...)
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- Bernanke Could Put In Motion Plans to End the QE-Monster He Created - Nomura
- Pope Francis Named TIME's 2013 Person of the Year
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- VIVUS Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) high of $31.21. Late Tuesday, the FDA approved VIVUS' weight-management drug Qsymia. Shares rose as much as 22.8 percent on the session Wednesday.
- U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) high of $33.45. US Bancorp popping as second-quarter results beat analyst views. The results only ice the earnings cake financials have been making all week, starting with strong results out of JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) last Friday.
- AT&T, Inc. (NYSE: T) high of $36.19. AT&T catching some investor sentiment after announcing new unlimited data plans for its customers. AT&T noted that current customers are not required to switch to the new plans, but can choose to do so without a contract extension.
- Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU) high of $96.00. Agrium said it sees second quarter EPS of $5.40 to $5.50, besting views calling for $4.75. Shares rose 3.7 percent on Wednesday's session.
- New Oriental Education (NYSE: EDU) low of $9.88. New Oriental getting hit today after being downgraded at Jefferies and Oppenheimer, with Goldman Sachs also suspending its rating on the stocks as well.
Shares were hit on Tuesday after disclosing it was under an SEC investigation.
- Rovi Corp. (Nasdaq: ROVI) low of $10.05. Rovi slammed today after guiding second-quarter results far below expectations Tuesday. At least four ratings firms downgraded shares, while Goldman Sachs also trimmed estimates on the stock.
- Whiting USA Trust I (NYSE: WHX) low of $10.51. Stifel Nicolaus resumed coverage on Whiting at Sell, with a low $7 price target. Shares fell over 35 percent on the call Wednesday.
- MAKO Surgical Corp. (Nasdaq: MAKO) low of $13.22. MAKO Surgical lower following the surprise departure of its Senior VP of Sales & Marketing Steven Nunes. Assuming the role will be CEO Maurice, Ferré.
Shares fell over 6 percent on the session Wednesday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- FBR Capital Starts Halliburton (HAL) at Market Perform
- JPMorgan (JPM) Files Patent on Bitcoin-Style System - FT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesStifel Nicolaus, JPMorgan, Jefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!