Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/17: (OREX) (JNJ) (DIS) High; (NOK) (EDU) (AUQ) Low
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (ENZN) (PSUN) (FNSR) Higher; (ULTA) (SEAC) (BIG) Lower (more...)
- U.S. GDP Rose 3.6% in Q3
- J.C. Penney (JCP) Discloses Letter from SEC on Liquidity, Cash, Debt and Stock Offering
- Facebook (FB) Can't Get Any S&P 500 Love... The Reason Explained
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OREX) high of $7.73. Orexigen higher at the start into the VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUS) PDUFA for Qnexa today. Shares were volatile early in the session, moving from $7.73 down to $6.76 in a matter of minutes at the start of the session.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) high of $69.10. J&J up about 1 percent on the session to the new high following its second-quarter report. Sales fell to $16.475 billion with EPS of $1.30, with sales missing and EPS in-line with expectations. For more on the numbers , click here.
- Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) high of $49.92. Disney was upgraded at BofA/Merrill Lynch from Neutral to Buy.
Shares were up about 4.3 percent to the new mark Tuesday.
- Theravance Inc. (Nasdaq: THRX) high of $31.11. Theravance has been cooking above the $25 level and is now reaching multi-year highs above the $30 level. The pharma reported strong TD-1211 data last week, helping out the move higher.
- Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK) low of $1.69. Nokia dropping 6 percent on the session Tuesday after Jefferies downgraded the stock from Hold to Underperform, with a €1.19 price target.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (NYSE: EDU) low of $14.83. New Oriental slammed after disclosing it was being investigated by the U.S. SEC on whether consolidation of "Beijing New Oriental Education & Technology (Group) Co., Ltd., a variable interest entity of the Company, and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, into the Company's consolidated financial statements" had a sufficient basis.
Shares dropped over 33 percent following the release.
- AuRico Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUQ) low of $6.23. AuRico slammed following an earlier release its CEO, René Marion, is stepping down due to health reasons. Marion has been CEO of the Company since October 2007.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ) low of $18.50. Recent PC sales data has hampered some of the tech giants over the last several months. Today, Sterne Agee issued a note on peer IBM (NYSE: IBM), but noted that sentiment in the sector is very lackluster right now. For more on the note, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bass' Hayman Capital Said to Take GM (GM) Stake
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 11/27: (AVAV) (TSLA) (OREX) (VJET)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Sterne Agee, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!