Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/17: (OREX) (JNJ) (DIS) High; (NOK) (EDU) (AUQ) Low
- Market Wrap: Markets Weak on Greece, China; Aetna Moves to Acquire Humana; ISM Service Index Gained in June
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Cuts Q2 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/06: (SUNE) (AAP) (CTCT) Higher; (AMD) (SHLM) (ETRM) Lower (more...)
- Nike (NKE) to Become Wolverines' Official Athletic Footwear, Apparel and Equipment Provider
- UPDATE: ECB Keeps Emergency Liquidity for Greek Banks Unchanged, Adjusts Haircuts on Collateral
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Orexigen Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OREX) high of $7.73. Orexigen higher at the start into the VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUS) PDUFA for Qnexa today. Shares were volatile early in the session, moving from $7.73 down to $6.76 in a matter of minutes at the start of the session.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) high of $69.10. J&J up about 1 percent on the session to the new high following its second-quarter report. Sales fell to $16.475 billion with EPS of $1.30, with sales missing and EPS in-line with expectations. For more on the numbers , click here.
- Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) high of $49.92. Disney was upgraded at BofA/Merrill Lynch from Neutral to Buy.
Shares were up about 4.3 percent to the new mark Tuesday.
- Theravance Inc. (Nasdaq: THRX) high of $31.11. Theravance has been cooking above the $25 level and is now reaching multi-year highs above the $30 level. The pharma reported strong TD-1211 data last week, helping out the move higher.
- Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK) low of $1.69. Nokia dropping 6 percent on the session Tuesday after Jefferies downgraded the stock from Hold to Underperform, with a €1.19 price target.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (NYSE: EDU) low of $14.83. New Oriental slammed after disclosing it was being investigated by the U.S. SEC on whether consolidation of "Beijing New Oriental Education & Technology (Group) Co., Ltd., a variable interest entity of the Company, and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, into the Company's consolidated financial statements" had a sufficient basis.
Shares dropped over 33 percent following the release.
- AuRico Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUQ) low of $6.23. AuRico slammed following an earlier release its CEO, René Marion, is stepping down due to health reasons. Marion has been CEO of the Company since October 2007.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ) low of $18.50. Recent PC sales data has hampered some of the tech giants over the last several months. Today, Sterne Agee issued a note on peer IBM (NYSE: IBM), but noted that sentiment in the sector is very lackluster right now. For more on the note, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProNAi Therapeutics (DNAI) Sees IPO Price of $14 - $16/Share
- Diana Shipping (DSX) Files $500M Mixed Securities Shelf
- Cardtronics (CATM) Completes Columbus Data Services Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Sterne Agee, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!