Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/13: (PHM) (AFFY) (LCC) High; (LXK) (BPI) (JRCC) Low
- GM (GM) No Longer 'Government Motors'
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Updates Q4 Outlook; Narrows EPS, Revenue Guidance
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Issues Light Q4 Outlook
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/09: (HIHO) (GIVN) (PRAN) Higher; (OSIS) (GNE) (CRIS) Lower
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM) high of $11.31. PulteGroup shirking a downgrade at MKM Partners earlier, and moving higher along with the rest of the group Friday.
Other than Pulte, MKM appears to be positive on the rest of the group.
- Affymax, Inc. (Nasdaq: AFFY) high of $16.95. Affymax continued higher today following a 19 percent surge yesterday on news of an OMONTYS sourcing and supply agreement with Takeda. Shares rose 19 percent to the new mark.
For more color on the deal, click here.
- US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE: LCC) high of $14.51. Earlier reports have US Airways gaining hold of AMR Corp. debt. The move gives US Airways some leverage should AMR Corp. back out of looking at a merger.
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: OREX) high of $7.36. Orexigen higher into peer VIVUS' (Nasdaq: VVUS) PDUFA with the FDA for its obesity-fighting drug Qnexa.
Orexigen is currently running a two-year study for its Contrave obesity drug. The pharma got a boost Thursday when it reported enrollment in the Light Study was going faster than expected.
- Lexmark International Inc. (NYSE: LXK) low of $20.26. Lexmark issued a second-quarter warning late Thursday, causing a selloff of the shares. Revenue growth in the quarter is now expected to be more sluggish than originally anticipated, while its EPS outlook was also hacked down.
- Bridgepoint Education (NYSE: BPI) low of $9.39. Bridgepoint lower as the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (HLC) questioned Ashford University's compliance with the Commission's Criteria for Accreditation.
- James River Coal Co. (Nasdaq: JRCC) low of $1.87. James River hit again this week as peer CONSOL (NYSE: CNX) reported lower second-quarter coal production, with even lower production expected in the third quarter.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (Nasdaq: GMCR) low of $19.17. Green Mountain as an analyst from Stifel Nicolaus warned on K-Cup pricing and increased promotional activity which will result in market share loss. For more on the call, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trading Radar for 12/10: AutoZone (AZO), Smith & Wesson (SWHC), H&R Block (HRB), NCI Building Systems (NCS) Report
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (ENZN) (PSUN) (FNSR) Higher; (ULTA) (SEAC) (BIG) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesStifel Nicolaus
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!