Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 07/09: (QCOR) (NSPH) (AKRX) High; (NOK) (BPI) (RVBD) Low
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: QCOR) high of $58.90. Questcor moving to new highs after reporting stronger H.P. Acthar ® Gel (repository corticotropin injection) sales in June. Preliminary paid prescription numbers came in at 115 - 120 for Nephrotic Syndrome (NS), 400 - 410 for Multiple Sclerosis (MS), 30 - 35 for Infantile Spasms (IS), and 3 for Dermatomyositis/Polymyositis (DM/PM).
Jefferies also issued positive comments and boosted numbers following the update.
- Nanosphere, Inc. (Nasdaq: NSPH) high of $3.57. Nanosphere higher following an upgrade at Roth Capital from Neutral to Buy. The firm has a price target of $4.50 on Nanosphere. Shares are up 12 percent for the session.
- Akorn, Inc (Nasdaq: AKRX) high of $16.87. Akorn trading confidently above the $16.50 level, a point of some resistance experienced on its march higher over the last year.
Shares have now 135 percent better than the same period last year.
- Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK) low of $1.83. Nokia is off of lows today, dropping earlier amid news its Lumia 900 was adding Verizon (NYSE: VZ) to its U.S. carrier list. The rep for the company didn't give a specific time line for when the Lumia would be on Verizon, only saying it would happen "very soon."
- Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) low of $14.25. Bridgepoint slammed after reporting its Ashford University unit was denied initial application by the WASC. Shares fell as much as 34 percent today.
- Riverbed Technology (Nasdaq: RVBD) low of $14.21. Riverbed showing continued weakness Monday from a 7.4 percent dip last Friday on lowered second-quarter 2012 expectations from peer Acme Packet (Nasdaq: APKT).
The stock fell another 5 percent on Monday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 4/22: (INTU) (WRES) (YHOO) (TSLA)
- Roth Capital Starts Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) at Buy
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 04/24: (AMZN) (MSFT) (GOOG) (SBUX) Higher; (AERI) (AMSC) (STEM) (DDD) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Roth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!