Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/20: (CVS) (NLY) (DF) High; (WAG) (CYTK) (APKT) Low
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (ENZN) (PSUN) (FNSR) Higher; (ULTA) (SEAC) (BIG) Lower (more...)
- U.S. GDP Rose 3.6% in Q3
- J.C. Penney (JCP) Discloses Letter from SEC on Liquidity, Cash, Debt and Stock Offering
- Facebook (FB) Can't Get Any S&P 500 Love... The Reason Explained
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) high of $46.42. Following the announcement that Walgreen & Co. was putting up $6.7 billion in cash and stock for a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots yesterday, investors started moving in to CVS...as they moved out of Walgreen stock.
Shares are currently at all-time highs.
- Annaly Capital Management (NYSE: NLY) high of $46.42. Investors moving back into Annaly Capital following the announcement of a dividend late Tuesday. Despite being at an annual high, its current payout of 55 cents per quarter yields a robust 13 percent.
- Dean Foods (NYSE: DF) high of $16.80. Dean Foods has been a solid performer since its first-quarter earnings beat on May 9th, which was accompanied by increased guidance for 2012 as well as a solid second-quarter outlook.
The stock has closed lower only 10 times since then, over the span of 30 trading sessions (or 31 if you want to count the notable move higher ahead of results).
- Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG) low of $28.54. Investors not cheering the deal with Alliance Boots, which, as mentioned above, has Walgreen with an outlay of $6.7 billion for less than majority control of the company. Walgreen also has an option to buy the balance of Boots in about three years for an additional $9.5 billion in cash and stock.
Shares are down about 8.7 percent over the last two sessions.
- Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) low of $0.66. Cytokinetics announced pricing of its common stock and convertible notes deal. For more color, click here. Shares fell 17.5 percent on the session Wednesday.
- Acme Packet (Nasdaq: APKT) low of $20.21. Jefferies downgraded Acme Packet from Buy to Hold while dicing its price target from $40 down to $21.
- Satcon Technology Corp. (Nasdaq: SATC low of $0.22. Satcon said it received a delisting determination letter from the staff of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC due to the Company’s failure to regain compliance with The Nasdaq Capital Market’s minimum bid price requirement for continued listing, as set forth in Nasdaq Listing Rule 5550(a)(2). It intends to appeal the ruling.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bass' Hayman Capital Said to Take GM (GM) Stake
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/5: (CALI) (CBMX) (MEI) Higher; (SOL) (WTSL) (FRAN) Lower (more...)
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/05: (PLUG) (CONN) (DG) High; (BBRY) (WTSL) (NEM) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Dividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!