Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/19: (LPX) (HD) (ARNA) (BRK-A) High; (JCP) (SSN) Low
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp. (NYSE: LPX) high of $10.70. Louisiana-Pacific rising 6.9 percent to the new mark following data out earlier showing the buliding permits, at 780,000 in May, came in above expectations, hinting to more demand for lumber and other building materials as construction gets underway.
- The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE: HD) high of $53.19. Home Depot getting boost from Normura, which issued a note earlier highlighting the effectiveness of Home Depot's Buy-Online Pick-up In-Store feature (BOPIS). Shares up 1.7 percent to the new high.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARNA) high of $10.34. Arena moving another 10.2 percent on the session as investors continue to grab up shares ahead of its FDA PDUFA date (06/27) for obesity drug lorcaserin. Sentiment hints that there won't be a three- to six-month delay in the works, as mentioned earlier.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A) high of $124,498.00. Though very thinly traded, Berkshire's Class A shares hit a new 52-week high today. In addition, its Class B (NYSE: BRK-B) shares also reached a new annual high at $83.00. Sentiment across the insurance business is mixed, though rail stocks have been constant.
And honestly, GEICO commercials are still pretty funny. Probably not a huge catalyst for Berkshire, but worth mentioning.
- J. C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) low of $21.57. Shares of J.C. Penney slammed over 11 percent Tuesday following the announcement late Monday its merchandising chief Michael Francis is leaving the company mere months after he joined the company from Target (NYSE: TGT). For more on the move from analysts, click here.
- Samson Oil & Gas Limited (NYSE: SSN) low of $1.15. Samson issued an update on its Hawk Springs and Roosevelt Projects. Samson said its Australia II 12KA 6, #1-29H pumping rate fell from 244 BOPD down to 48 BOPD. For more on the update, click here.
- Wave Systems (Nasdaq: WAVX) low of $0.8136. Wave Systems falling on higher volume selling below the 90 cent level.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/09: (IR) (MSFT) (SGEN) (JCP)
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/10: (BBRY) (FTNT) (LULU) (FU) (OSIS)
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/09: (MHK) (VLO) (KRFT) Upgraded; (EZPW) (DF) (PGEM) Downgraded
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!