Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/12: (ARNA) (DPS) (SKX) High; (GMCR) (AKS) (JNPR) Low
- Alcoa (AA) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Market Wrap: Inflation Tops Fed's Rate Concerns; Alcoa Offers Q3 Kickoff Dud; Jobless Claims at 42-Year Low
- Fed Officials Said 'Prudent' to Wait for Clarity on Outlook
- Republicans in chaos as favorite quits House leadership race
- After Hours Stocks Movers 10/08: (HELE) (ASNA) Higher; (LDRH) (RT) (GPS) (more...)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) high of $7.75. Arena investors keep buying in ahead of the June 27th, FDA meeting for lorcaserin, Arena's proposed weight-loss drug. Shares are up 21 percent following a positive FDA advisory panel vote made on May 10th.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) high of $43.76. Dr Pepper Snapple getting s boost from Wells Fargo today, as the firm upgraded the stock from Market Perform to Outperform, while lifting its valuation range from $36 to $38 up to $45 to $47. For more on the call, click here.
Shares moved 3.1 percent to the new high today.
- Skechers USA Inc. (NYSE: SKX) high of $20.60. Sketchers continuing from Monday, when Sterne Agee upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy.
The stock might loosely be seeing some upside following strong Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS) fourth-quarter 2012 numbers, issued earlier. The beat is bringing positive sentiment to the retail sector.
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE: JNPR) low of $16.33. After the market closed Monday, Juniper authorized a new $1 billion common stock repurchase plan. The buyback was added to one approved in 2010, which has $162.2 million remaining.
Though shares are positive in the afternoon, initial weakness drove the stock to 52-week lows.
- AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE: AKS) low of $4.59. AK Steel continued in negative territory Tuesday following a downgrade by Goldman Sachs and Dahlman Rose on Monday. Both firms cited lagging global demand on their respective calls.
Chinese steel giant Baoshan Steel also was said to be cutting prices as demand from auto and appliance manufacturers just isn't there.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (Nasdaq: GMCR) low of $20.72. Green Mountain investors nervous following news Monday that grocer Kroger (NYSE: KR) may be looking to make its own branded K-Cup coffee packs. It wasn't clear whether Kroger and Green Mountain were going to team up on the effort or not.
Shares are down 10.4 percent the last two sessions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CFPB said to probe Wells Fargo (WFC) on student loan servicing - WSJ
- Trading Radar for 10/8: Alcoa (AA), Domino's Pizza (DPZ), International Speedway (ISCA), Ruby Tuesday (RT) Report
- Skechers USA (SKX) Volatility Related to Misconstrued SportScanInfo Data, Sterne Agee CRT Says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesSterne Agee, Stock Buyback, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!