Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/11: (ARNA) (T) (SKX) High; (ES) (AKS) (X) Low
- Top 10 News for 8/24 - 8/28: Markets Volatile on Continued China Worries; Revised Q2 GDP Outpaces; Facebook Hits User Activity Milestone
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Discloses ~$4.5B Stake in Phillips 66 (PSX)
- Wall Street ends flat in quiet end to dramatic week
- Carl Icahn files 13D on Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Autodesk (ADSK) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) high of $7.23. Arena continues to move higher heading into its PDUFA with the FDA for lorcaserin, expected to take place on June 27th. The recent rapid rise has caused Arena to be well ahead of SMA indicators. including 50- and 100-day averages.
Implied volatility is still below the annual daily average, but creeping higher into the event.
- AT&T (NYSE: T) high of $35.00. AT&T and other U.S. carriers moving higher as Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) holds its WWDC 2012 this week. One of the more notable aspects of the event so far is the further integration of Siri into just about every new app and device coming out. For a complete summary, click here.
More integration of Siri's voice command will be a boon as data packages will get eaten up, potentially a more lucrative undertaking for the carriers.
- Skechers USA (NYSE: SKX) high of $20.23. Skechers USA higher as Sterne Agee upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy earlier. The stock has basically been moving higher since crossing over the 50-day SMA in mid-April, with a little pullback following earnings on concerns in Europe.
Shares moved nearly 5 percent on the session to the new mark.
- EnergySolutions, Inc (NYSE: ES) low of $1.55. EnergySolutions fell about 57 percent on the session following reports it is revising its 2012 Adjusted EBITDA guidance to $130 to $140 million, down from the guidance of $150 to $160 million provided with its first quarter financial results on May 9, 2012.
- AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) low of $5.00. Both Goldman Sachs and Dahlman Rose cut ratings on AK Steel, to Sell and Neutral, respectively. Among other things, Goldman cited continuing flat steel prices, high CapEx, and high leverage on its balance sheet. Dahlman also cited the recent weakness in steel prices.
- US Steel Corp. (NYSE: X) low of $18.00. U.S. Steel moving as the sector remains weak. China's largest public steelmaker, Baoshan Steel, said it was cutting prices based on lagging demand for appliances and autos. Cuts were up to $3 per metric ton on July delivery, according to the company.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (Nasdaq: GMCR) low of $21.06. Green Mountain lower on news that grocer Kroger (NYSE: KR) will be releasing its own brand of K-Cup. It wasn't clear whether this was a new partnership, but based on the stock's reaction it might be Kroger waiting for the expiration of Green Mountain's patent on the K-Cup design.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Reiterated Buy on Dollar General (DG) Following 2Q15
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Splunk (SPLK) Following 2Q16 Earnings Results
- Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Ahead of 2Q16 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesSterne Agee, Options, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!