Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/08: (SGEN) (NEON) (DG) High; (ANR) (ACI) (AUO) Low
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Seattle Genetics Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) high of $23.79. Seattle Genetics ticking higher from a positive call by Needham & Company made earlier. The firm maintained a Buy rating on Seattle Genetics, but raised its price target 25 percent to $25. The move was made following Seattle Genetics' ASCO presentation earlier in the week.
- Neonode, Inc. (Nasdaq: NEON) high of $6.56. Neonode received a new Buy rating from Cantor Fitzgerald earlier, with the firm slapping a $9 price target on the stock. The target represented 57 percent of upside for Neonode. For more on the call, click here.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) high of $50.75. The discount chains are jumping today, though no specific news on the sector was released. Our best guess is a larger-than-expected drop in consumer credit right along with the strengthening U.S. dollar on no firmess behind more easing measures from Fed chair Ben Bernanke during his congressional testimony Thursday.
Retailers as a whole might benefit from a stronger dollar, making goods outside the U.S. less expensive.
- Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE: ANR) low of $9.03. Alpha Natural continuing lower as coal demand continues to lag. Today's news has Alpha closing mines in Kentucky and some regional U.S. offices as prices continue to flounder. In total, about 2 million tons of thermal-coal shipments will be lost in 2012 with 4 million tons lost in 2013.
- Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE: ACI) low of $5.91. Arch Coal fighting the same battle as Alpha Natural above.
- AU Optronics Corp. (NYSE: AUO) low of $3.58. AU Optonics has been finicky over the last few months with plenty of gapping up and down going on. Today, shares dropped 8.4 percent to the new low, but there might be more in volatility store for AU Optronics in the near-term as the company bids for more consumer electronics projects.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mayo Clinic Article on Geron (GERN) Doeesn't Offer a Lot New - Needham & Company
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/03: (ABBV) (AAPL) (FRX) Upgraded; (PFE) (DIS) (AT) Downgraded
- Needham & Company Starts Entegris Inc (ENTG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald, Ben S. Bernanke, Needham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!