Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 06/07: (PCYC) (DIS) (DUK) High; (NAV) (CMVT) (TPX) Low
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Pharmacyclics (Nasdaq: PCYC) high of $38.56. Pharmacyclics getting a boost from Brean Murray Carret & Co. today, which started the stock off at Buy with an $80 price target. The analyst cited the value of Pharmacyclics' BTk inhibitor, ibrutinib. For more on the call, click here.
- Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) high of $46.22. Disney is still a magical land and the stock is still a magical stock. Resistance points were busted up at $45.75, $46, and now there's one at $46.25 as shares continue to work their way higher.
Shares have had a nice rally over the last couple of sessions as investors react to some E3 showings as well as word that News Corp. (Nasdaq: NWSA) is gaining a 50 percent equity interest in ESPN STAR Sports.
- Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK) high of $. Duke Energy has been on a tear recently, only closing lower seven of the last 23 sessions, and one time in the last 10. The move doesn't appear to be earnings related so much as getting over the $22 price level, which was a sticking point at the start of the year.
Duke energy has been the "poster stock" for one that is simply moving its way higher, no rush, just moving higher's all.
- Navistar International Corp. (NYSE: NAV) low of $20.21. Navistar had an earnings report which might make you scratch your head and think "Where were the analysts on this one?" According to the release, Navistar reported a loss of $1.99 per share on revs of $3.3 billion for its first-quarter, versus consensus views calling for EPS of 71 cents per share and revs of $3.66 billion. Looking ahead, the company sees fiscal 2012 EPS of break even to $2.00, way below views calling for EPS of $3.73.
- Comverse Tech (Nasdaq: CMVT) low of $5.40. Comverse reported first-quarter loss of 15 cents per share on revs of $343.7 million, missing views calling for EPS of 11 cents and revs of $379.8 million.
- Tempur Pedic (NYSE: TPX) low of $21.05. Tempur-Pedic dipped another 6 percent at one point Thursday following its cut outlook for fiscal 2012 issued early Wednesday. The news sent shares plummeting just about 50 percent. Tempur-Pedic drew the ire of analysts Thursday, though it wasn't enough to keep a good stock down. Shares are positive in the afternoon session.
- Ubiquiti Networks (Nasdaq: UBNT) low of $13.72. Ubiquiti is down 60 percent since issuing third-quarter 2012 results on May 1st. Curiously enough, Ubiquiti beat on EPS and sales, with fourth-quarter guidance relatively in-line with expectations. Ubiquiti guided for EPS of 28 cents to 29 cents and revs of $93 million to $95 million, versus expectations for EPS of 28 cents and revs of $93.9 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. Authorizes an Increase to Stock Repurchase Program
- Focus on Microsoft's (MSFT) Cloud Transition, Not CEO - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBrean Murray Carret & Co., Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!