Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/30: (NEON) (TFM) (DAL) High; (RIMM) (STD) (JRCC) Low
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Neonode, Inc. (Nasdaq: NEON) high of $6.40. Neonode rose 34 percent following a Seeking Alpha blog article highlighting the potential for its patents to be of benefit to Sumsung in its litigation against Apple, Inc.
- The Fresh Market, Inc. (Nasdaq: TFM) high of $56.38. The Fresh Market reported first-quarter 2012 earnings of 40 cents per share on revenue of $324.8 million, compared with expectations looking for EPS of 36 cents and revs of $310.5 million. The Street sees fiscal 2012 EPS of $1.28 to $1.34, compared to analysts views of $1.30. Comps should be up 4.5 percent to 6.5 percent.
The stock moved up 15 percent Wednesday following results.
- Delta Air Lines Inc. (NYSE: DAL) high of $12.00. As has been the theme over the last several trading days, crude prices dropping should bode well for airlines in terms of lower fuel costs...one if the industry's biggest expenses.
- Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) high of $15.60. Dean Foods moving higher the last two sessions after starting above the $15 resistance level on Tuesday, now seemingly seeing some support at $15.25. Shares initially ripped higher following the company's earnings report on May 9th.
- Research In Motion Limited (Nasdaq: RIMM) low of $$10.01. After the market closed, RIM said it expected a first-quarter loss and also said it hired J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital as advisors in exploring strategic alternatives. Despite after-hours trading doing so, RIM stayed above the key $10 level amid the overall negative sentiment Wednesday. Just reaffirming what the market already priced in?
- Banco Santander, S.A. (NYSE: STD) low of $5.22. Santander continues to move lower as Spanish bank issues continue to evolve. Most of the sentiment is geared toward Bankia, which recently asked for a €19 billion loan from the ECB. Late Tuesday, three Spanish banks, Liberbank, Ibercaja and Caja3, agreed to a merger, which should have the entire thing end up with total assets of about €110 billion.
- James River Coal Co. (Nasdaq: JRCC) low of $2.61. Coal stocks getting pressured again today following a downgrade of Patriot Coal (NYSE: PCX) at CRT Capital and UBS. Already feeling some pressure from lagging demand for coal, James River shares fell 12.4 percent Wednesday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Finning Canada Employees in Alberta & Northwest Territories Ratify New Labour Agreement
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Issues Light Q4 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesUBS, JPMorgan, RBC Capital, Crude Oil, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!