Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/08: (ARNA) (VRTX) (VSI) High; (FTR) (EA) (TC) Low
- Market Wrap: Couche-Tard to Acquire The Pantry; MetLife Deemed SIFI; New CEO at Kraft Foods; American Apparel Catches Bid
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/18: (PETX) (NQ) (RHT) Higher; (NKE) (APP) (SDRL) Lower (more...)
- MetLife (MET) Designated as Systemically Important Financial Institution; Issues Statement
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) high of $3.49. Arena ripped higher following the release of FDA briefing documents with respect to Locaserin. The documents come ahead of the May 10 FDA AdCom. For more color, click here.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: VRTX) high of $63.40. Vertex Pharma moved 55 percent Monday following reports that a Phase 2 study of VX-809 and KALYDECO (ivacaftor) showed significant improvements in lung function (FEV1) among adults with cystic fibrosis (CF) who have two copies (homozygous) of the most common mutation in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene, F508del.
- Vitamin Shoppe (NYSE: VSI) high of $54.16. Vitamin Shoppe reported first-quarter 2012 EPS of 61cents on revs of $248.1 million, compared with expectations calling for EPS of 57 cents and revs of $239.7 million. Comparable-store sales rose 9.6 percent in the period.
Shares popped 21 percent to the new mark.
- Generac Holdings (NYSE: GNRC) high of $30.58. Generac got about 8 cents above its prior 52-week high on quarterly numbers. The company reported first-quarter EPS of 96 cents on revs of $294.6 million, compared with views calling for EPS of 71 cents and revs of $249.7 million. Shares moved over 32 percent to the new mark.
- Frontier Communications (Nasdaq: FTR) low of $3.06. Frontier kept going and going, but eventually bounced up just above at potential $3.00 support level. Frontier declared a dividend just ahead of 3:00pm ET Tuesday, but investors are keeping an eye on its first-quarter results, which posted an earnings miss and flat outlook.
- Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) low of $13.83. Electronic Arts reported a fourth-quarter 2012 beat, but investors grew concerned with first-quarter 2013 outlook for a wider-than-expected loss. Shares fell 8.6 percent Tuesday to a new low.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. (NYSE: TC) low of $4.12. Earlier in the session, Thompson Creek reported pricing an 8.8 million, 6.50% tangible equity unit offering. The tMEDS priced at $25 each, generating net proceeds of approximately $212.0 million. Of the $220.0 million aggregate stated amount of tMEDS, approximately $177.5 million will be accounted for as equity and $35.9 million will be accounted for as debt.
Thompson Creek has hit a rough patch since issuing its first-quarter earnings report earlier in May.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Former Chairman Accused of Manipulating Results
- Wabash National Corp. (WNC) Reports $60M Buyback Plan
- ACE Limited (ACE) to Acquire Fireman's Fund HNW Personal Lines Unit from Allianz in $365M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!