Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/03: (VRX) (LCC) (ELLI) High; (GMCR) (KITD) (RIMM) Low
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) high of $59.99. The pharma reported first-quarter EPS of 99 cents, from 2 cents reported last year. Looking ahead, Valeant sees fiscal 2012 EPS of $4.45 to $4.70, up from prior guidance of $3.95 to $4.20. Revenue is expected to be $3.4 billion to $3.6 billion.
Shares have been volatile today, moving up 6.3 percent to the high and currently over 9 percent lower on the session.
- US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE: LCC) high of $10.75. US Airways Group up 4.8 percent following PRASM moving 9 percent higher in April. Load factor rose 0.4 percent for the month. In addition, the Department of Transportation for the month of April, 99.7 percent of scheduled flights were flown and 90.6 percent of those flights arrived on-time (within 14 minutes of schedule). April's preliminary results show new record company performances in on-time arrivals, baggage handling and completion factor.
- Ellie Mae, Inc. (AMEX: ELLI) high of $15.38. Ellie Mae moving higher after reporting first-quarter 2012 EPS of 20 cents on revs of $20.9 million, compared with views calling for EPS of 14 cents and revs of $18.1 million.
Looking ahead, the firm sees second-quarter EPS of 11 cents to 12 cents and revs of $19.5 million to $20 million versus views calling for EPS of 7 cents and revs of $16.8 million. Ellie Mae sees FY2012 EPS of $0.42-$0.45 and revenue of $78-$79 million, versus the consensus of $69.64 million.
- Teradata Corp (NYSE: TDC) high of $79.89. Teradata beat first-quarter EPS views by 4 cents. In addition, the company said it sees 2012 EPS of $2.60 to $2.70, from prior guidance of $2.56 to $2.66, and the consensus of $2.64. Shares moved nearly 11 percent on the session Thursday.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (Nasdaq: GMCR) low of $24.40. Green Mountain slammed after reporting in-line Q2 EPS, but cutting its 2012 outlook from $2.55 to $2.65 down to a range of $2.40 to $2.50.
The company also expects third-quarter EPS of 48 cents to 53 cents, compared with views calling for 72 cents.
To get a little analyst color, click here.
- KIT digital, Inc. (Nasdaq: KITD) low of $4.12. KIT digital reported preliminary first-quarter adjusted operating loss of $8 million with sales of $59 million. Analysts were looking for KIT to report profit in the quarter with revenue of $72.4 million. Shares down 35 percent lower on the session.
- Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) low of $11.92. RIM continues to slide this week amid its BlackBerry World 2012 conference. The company unveiled BlackBerry 10, which has been met with mixed reviews, though overall the consensus is that it might be too little too late. Jefferies issued some late-day comments Wednesday on the debut.
Shares are off an additional 6.9 percent on the session, with RIM currently down 15 percent over the last three-sessions. The last time RIM was at this level was October 2002.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- UPDATE: The StreetSweeper.org issues a negative report on AMYRIS (AMRS)
- FuelCell (FCEL) Still has Energy Late Friday; Traders Take Cautious Angle into Weekend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!