Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/02: (AEO) (CVS) (PLX) High; (ACI) (VG) (CEVA) Low
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 04/24: (KOOL) (SGYP) (MPET) Higher; (HEAR) (CLFD) (SILC) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) a Shoe-In for the Dow Amid Stock Split
- Zimmer (ZMH) to Acquire Biomet in ~$13.35B Deal
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Sees FY14 EPS at Low-End of Range
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) high of $20.89. American Eagle moving higher after boosting its outlook for the first quarter. Earnings expectations moved from 8 cents to 10 cents up to a range of 18 cents to 20 cents. Shares ripped 16.8 the new high Wednesday.
- CVS Caremark Corp. (NYSE: CVS) high of $46.12. CVS reported first-quarter EPS of 65 cents on revs of $30.8 billion, compared with views calling for EPS of $63 cents and revs of $30.3 billion. Looking ahead, the retail pharma giant sees 2012 EPS of $3.23 - $3.33 and Q2 EPS of 78 cents to 80 cents, compared with views expecting FY12 EPS of $3.27 and Q2 EPS of 74 cents.
- Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (AMEX: PLX) high of $7.70. Yesterday, Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and Protalix announced that the US FDA approved ELELYSO (taliglucerase alfa) for injection, an enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for the long-term treatment of adults with a confirmed diagnosis of type 1 Gaucher disease.
- Tripadvisor (Nasdaq: TRIP) high of $44.46. After the market closed Tuesday, Tripadvisor reported first-quarter EPS of 38 cents and revs of $183.7 million, compared with expectations calling for EPS of 34 cents and revs of $175.4 million.
- Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) low of $8.42. Arch Coal reported a first-quarter loss of 4 cents per share with revs of $1.04 billion, missing expectations calling for profit of 20 cents per share and revs of $1.13 billion. The company also chopped its quarterly dividend 73 percent to 3 cents.
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE: VG) low of $1.83. Amid Vonage reporting adjusted EPS of 8 cents, shares slid as overall profit fell 34 percent from the first quarter last year.
- CEVA Inc. (Nasdaq: CEVA) low of $17.48. Despite strong quarterly results, Ceva hinted at weakness moving forward with a cut outlook. The company said it sees fiscal 2012 revs of $57.2 million to $61.2 million and EPS of 87 cents to 99 cents, compared with views calling for revs of $63.8 million and EPS of $1.02. Prior guidance called for revs of $62 million to $66.5 million and non-GAAP EPS of $1.02 - $1.06.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: EMC Corp. (EMC) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; Raises Qtr. Dividend
- After-Hours Stock Movers 4/23: (ANGI) (AAPL) (FB) Higher; (HEAR) (TNP) (IM) Lower (more...)
- UPDATE: Lam Research Corp (LRCX) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c; Issues Q4 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!