Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/02: (AEO) (CVS) (PLX) High; (ACI) (VG) (CEVA) Low
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) high of $20.89. American Eagle moving higher after boosting its outlook for the first quarter. Earnings expectations moved from 8 cents to 10 cents up to a range of 18 cents to 20 cents. Shares ripped 16.8 the new high Wednesday.
- CVS Caremark Corp. (NYSE: CVS) high of $46.12. CVS reported first-quarter EPS of 65 cents on revs of $30.8 billion, compared with views calling for EPS of $63 cents and revs of $30.3 billion. Looking ahead, the retail pharma giant sees 2012 EPS of $3.23 - $3.33 and Q2 EPS of 78 cents to 80 cents, compared with views expecting FY12 EPS of $3.27 and Q2 EPS of 74 cents.
- Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (AMEX: PLX) high of $7.70. Yesterday, Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and Protalix announced that the US FDA approved ELELYSO (taliglucerase alfa) for injection, an enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for the long-term treatment of adults with a confirmed diagnosis of type 1 Gaucher disease.
- Tripadvisor (Nasdaq: TRIP) high of $44.46. After the market closed Tuesday, Tripadvisor reported first-quarter EPS of 38 cents and revs of $183.7 million, compared with expectations calling for EPS of 34 cents and revs of $175.4 million.
- Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) low of $8.42. Arch Coal reported a first-quarter loss of 4 cents per share with revs of $1.04 billion, missing expectations calling for profit of 20 cents per share and revs of $1.13 billion. The company also chopped its quarterly dividend 73 percent to 3 cents.
- Vonage Holdings (NYSE: VG) low of $1.83. Amid Vonage reporting adjusted EPS of 8 cents, shares slid as overall profit fell 34 percent from the first quarter last year.
- CEVA Inc. (Nasdaq: CEVA) low of $17.48. Despite strong quarterly results, Ceva hinted at weakness moving forward with a cut outlook. The company said it sees fiscal 2012 revs of $57.2 million to $61.2 million and EPS of 87 cents to 99 cents, compared with views calling for revs of $63.8 million and EPS of $1.02. Prior guidance called for revs of $62 million to $66.5 million and non-GAAP EPS of $1.02 - $1.06.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
- Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!