Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 04/15: (PG) (GSK) (VZ) High; (ABX) (FCX) (PAAS) Low
- UPDATE: Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Guides Q1, FY15 EPS
- Veeva Systems (VEEV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Guidance Tops Views
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Guides FY15 EPS Above Expectations
- TiVo (TIVO) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- AeroVironment (AVAV) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c; Affirms FY15 Outlook
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG) $80.84. Procter & Gamble higher on the session by nearly 1 percent following announcement of a 7 percent dividend increase. The new rate of 60.15 centts yields 3 percent annually.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) high of $50.15. Glaxo higher as briefing docs for Breo, a COPD treatment, were posted on the FDA's website ahead of a advisory board meeting on Wednesday. The drug is being developed in collaboration with Theravance (Nasdaq: THRX).
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) high of $51.06. Verizon moving to a new high amid chatter it might be looking to acquire billions worth of wireless spectrum from Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR), as Clearwire is embroiled in an M&A trifecta.
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOR) high of $35.75. Acorda Therapeutics higher following a positive update to its AMPYRA (dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets, 10 mg, in post-stroke patients. Shares rose over 13 percent on the session.
- Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: ABX) low of $19.92. Barrick down nearly 12 percent Monday as gold is seeing one of the worst two-day price drops in a generation.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX) low of $29.40. Freeport also down on the session with weaker precious metals prices. A close lower today would mark a three-session slide for Freeport.
- Pan American Silver Corp. (Nasdaq: PAAS) low of $13.25. Along with broader pressure, Pan American is lower following a downgrade at BMO Capital from Outperform to Market Perform. Pan American stock is trading at the lowest levels since 2009.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Capital City Bank Group (CCBG) Raises Quarterly Dividend 50% to $0.03; 0.8% Yield
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) Announces 2-for-1 Stock Split
- Educational Development Corp (EDUC) Declares $0.08 Quarterly Dividend; 7.5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!