Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 04/04: (MAGS) (CLNT) (ABT) High; (GG) (KGC) (WBMD) Low
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Magal Security Systems Ltd (Nasdaq: MAGS) high of $6.46. Earlier Wednesday, Magal reported swing to fourth-quarter profit of 27 cents per share on revs of $33.7 million, compared with a loss of 14 cents per share and revs of $15.1 million last year. Magal ripped nearly 42 percent to the new high Wednesday.
- Cleantech Solutions International (Nasdaq: CLNT) high of $6.39. Cleantech Solutions absolutely ripping today on speculation in the China heating market. Some might be making a play on SmartHeat (Nasdaq: HEAT), which may see more benefit from economic expansion into Western China. In addition, SmartHeat released fourth-quarter numbers Monday. For more color on those, click here.
- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) high of $62.57. Abbott getting a little bit of a kick Wednesday following a release earlier which reported that different doses of ABT-450/r, plus ABT-333 and ribavirin administered for 12 weeks showed sustained virological response at 12 weeks post treatment (SVR12) in 95 percent and 93 percent of treatment-naive genotype 1 (GT1) patients.
- WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) low of $23.10. WebMD lower possibly on a lack of confidence from shareholders. Earlier in the session, WebMD reported preliminary results of its tender offer to repurchase up to $150 million of its common stock through a modified "Dutch auction" tender offer. About 18 million shares were submitted for WebMD to repurchase at $26 per share, though WebMD only took in 5.77 million for a total of $150 million.
- Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE: GG) low of $40.55. Goldcorp and other miners caught in the wake of a broader sell-off as global markets reopened following the FOMC minutes Tuesday. The Fed hinted at waning interest to conduct further QE at this point, leading many to reevaluate their positions in the precious metal as a hedge against currency devaluation.
Goldcorp is off 7 percent Wednesday.
- Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE: KGC) low of $9.13. Kinross Gold lower on the overall gold egress.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: KERX) low of $1.28. Keryx continuing lower after reporting Monday that the Phase 3 "X-PECT" (Xeloda + Perifosine Evaluation in Colorectal cancer Treatment) clinical trial evaluating perifosine (KRX-0401) + capecitabine (Xeloda) in patients with refractory advanced colorectal cancer did not meet the primary endpoint of improving overall survival versus capecitabine + placebo.
Shares are off an additional 16 percent Wednesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/13: (DXCM) (SN) (P) Higher; (URRE) (SKLN) (GME) Lower (more...)
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) Enters $2M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/09: (ILMN) (CUDA) (VOXX) Higher; (WMB) (FRSH) (WDFC) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesFOMC Minutes, Federal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!