Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 04/02: (TWER) (TXT) (GSK) High; (KERX) (AEZS) (YPF) Low
- Market Wrap: Chiquita Now Biggest Banana Brand; eBay Rejects Icahn Offer; McDonald's Comps Fell in Feb.
- After Hours Stock Movers 3/10 (LJPC) (POWR) (BYD) Higher; (FTEK) (AMZG) (URBN) Lower (more...)
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Pershing Square Comments on Herbalife (HLF); Says Allegations 'Provably False', Hasn't Provided Proof
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) Becomes Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Towerstream (Nasdaq: TWER) high of $5.86. Towerstream catching some investor love after reporting it entered into "a Wi-Fi agreement with a national wireless carrier utilizing its current and future rooftop assets."
Shares moved 23.4 percent to the new mark Monday.
- Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) high of $28.99. Textron is outpacing its peers Monday, moving over 4 percent to its new high. Volume on the session is also above average. Shares have trended up nicely and are now at the same levels seen during the same period last year.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) high of $45.95. Earlier, Glaxo and Theravance (Nasdaq: THRX) announced entering into a stock purchase agreement, under which Theravance will issue, and GSK will acquire, 10,000,000 shares of Theravance common stock at a price of $21.2887 per share, for a total investment of $212,887,000. Theravance shares are up 18.2 percent on the session while Glaxo popped about 2.3 percent.
- Possibly an ominous sign Monday as Altria Group (NYSE: MO), Philip Morris (NYSE: PM), Smith & Wesson (Nasdaq: SWHC), Sturm Ruger (NYSE: RGR), and Diageo (NYSE: DEO), are all at 52-week high levels. Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE: BUD) is also a sneeze away from one. Is America relaxing more, yet still incredibly nervous? Prepping for a zombie apocalypse?
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: KERX) low of $1.63. Keryx slammed 67 percent Monday following news that the Phase 3 "X-PECT" (Xeloda + Perifosine Evaluation in Colorectal cancer Treatment) clinical trial evaluating perifosine (KRX-0401) + capecitabine (Xeloda) in patients with refractory advanced colorectal cancer did not meet the primary endpoint of improving overall survival versus capecitabine + placebo.
- Æterna Zentaris (Nasdaq: AEZS) low of $0.70. Æterna was also slammed 67 percent as it in-lincenses KRX-0401 (perifosine) in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- YPF S.A. (NYSE: YPF) low of $23.77. YPF is lower following reports Chubut province (in Argentina) plans to revoke rights to its most productive field due to failure of YPF to comply with contracts in its province. Shares fell over 16 percent Monday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/10: (CQB) (MTX)/(ACO) (MONT) (URI) (FMC)
- Trading Radar for 03/11: VeriFone (PAY), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Diamond Foods (DMND), Arcos Dorados (ARCO) Report
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/07: (SMSI) (SKUL) (PLUG) Higher; (NVTL) (PXLW) (ALOG) Lower
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!