Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/25: (YHOO) (VECO) (V) High; (AMRN) (VHC) (WLT) Low
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Yahoo!, Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) $23.88. Yahoo! continues trading strong amid sparse news on the search giant. The stock has currently closed higher three of the last four sessions, looking to extend a two-session streak today. Earlier, an announcement was made that Yahoo! would acquire Summly.
- Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) high of $40.31. Veeco popping over 15 percent as Canaccord Genuity upgraded the stock two-notches to Sell, boosting its price target from $25 up to $48.
- Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) high of $164.10. Nomura issuing positive comments on Visa today. Shares up 2.5 percent on the session.
- Smithfield Foods (NYSE: SFD) high of $27.33. Smithfield was said to tap Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives.
- Amarin Corp plc (Nasdaq: AMRN) low of $7.30. Amarin has been seeing some pressure over the last week after its Vascepa wasn't listed in the FDA Orange Book for February, as announced March 15th.
- VirnetX Holding Corp (NYSE: VHC) low of $18.73. VirnetX ticking lower on over twice its daily average volume. The stock might be breaking below a key support level hit recently just above $21.
- Walter Energy, Inc. (NYSE: WLT) low of $27.80. Walter is in a struggle to maintain its current management team. Today, the company issued a response to Audley Capital, saying the firm had "serious omissions" in its board nominee proxy. Click here for the release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Upgrades St. Jude Medical (STJ) to Hold
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 02/09: (CTIC) (SSNI) (WEN) Higher; (GIG) (REGN) (DB) Lower (more...)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 2/9: (BLPH) (CTIC) (TRXC) Higher; (ASEI) (PAGP) (BRS) Lower
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNomura, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!