Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/25: (YHOO) (VECO) (V) High; (AMRN) (VHC) (WLT) Low
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Yahoo!, Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) $23.88. Yahoo! continues trading strong amid sparse news on the search giant. The stock has currently closed higher three of the last four sessions, looking to extend a two-session streak today. Earlier, an announcement was made that Yahoo! would acquire Summly.
- Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) high of $40.31. Veeco popping over 15 percent as Canaccord Genuity upgraded the stock two-notches to Sell, boosting its price target from $25 up to $48.
- Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) high of $164.10. Nomura issuing positive comments on Visa today. Shares up 2.5 percent on the session.
- Smithfield Foods (NYSE: SFD) high of $27.33. Smithfield was said to tap Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives.
- Amarin Corp plc (Nasdaq: AMRN) low of $7.30. Amarin has been seeing some pressure over the last week after its Vascepa wasn't listed in the FDA Orange Book for February, as announced March 15th.
- VirnetX Holding Corp (NYSE: VHC) low of $18.73. VirnetX ticking lower on over twice its daily average volume. The stock might be breaking below a key support level hit recently just above $21.
- Walter Energy, Inc. (NYSE: WLT) low of $27.80. Walter is in a struggle to maintain its current management team. Today, the company issued a response to Audley Capital, saying the firm had "serious omissions" in its board nominee proxy. Click here for the release.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/19: (CNQR) (DRC) (JBLU) Higher; (ESI) (CRR) (TIBX) Lower (more...)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/18 (CNQR) (MCP) (JBLU) Higher; (TIBX) (RHT) (ORCL) Lower (more...)
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 9/18: (GDOT) (WWAV) (EMKR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNomura, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!