Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/25: (YHOO) (VECO) (V) High; (AMRN) (VHC) (WLT) Low
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Yahoo!, Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) $23.88. Yahoo! continues trading strong amid sparse news on the search giant. The stock has currently closed higher three of the last four sessions, looking to extend a two-session streak today. Earlier, an announcement was made that Yahoo! would acquire Summly.
- Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) high of $40.31. Veeco popping over 15 percent as Canaccord Genuity upgraded the stock two-notches to Sell, boosting its price target from $25 up to $48.
- Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) high of $164.10. Nomura issuing positive comments on Visa today. Shares up 2.5 percent on the session.
- Smithfield Foods (NYSE: SFD) high of $27.33. Smithfield was said to tap Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives.
- Amarin Corp plc (Nasdaq: AMRN) low of $7.30. Amarin has been seeing some pressure over the last week after its Vascepa wasn't listed in the FDA Orange Book for February, as announced March 15th.
- VirnetX Holding Corp (NYSE: VHC) low of $18.73. VirnetX ticking lower on over twice its daily average volume. The stock might be breaking below a key support level hit recently just above $21.
- Walter Energy, Inc. (NYSE: WLT) low of $27.80. Walter is in a struggle to maintain its current management team. Today, the company issued a response to Audley Capital, saying the firm had "serious omissions" in its board nominee proxy. Click here for the release.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/07: (SMSI) (SKUL) (PLUG) Higher; (NVTL) (PXLW) (ALOG) Lower
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 03/17: (PPHM) SPLS) (ITMN) (NEON)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNomura, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!